How to remove adhesive from vinyl liner?

Jul 7, 2012
In the process of doing the concrete and coating around our pool, the guys taped all kinds of stuff to the liner. Well, now there is an adhesive residue all around the top of the liner, above the water line. Anything that is safe to use to remove this? I know my goo be gone will work, but I don't want it to damage the liner.

TIA.

First, I don't know if these methods will work so please don't blame me if they don't. My first idea is to try some vegetable oil. Rub some into one of the sticky spots, but if you have a spot that won't show, try that one first. Then lightly rub it with the oil and a paper towel. If it seems like it's going to work, you might want to let the sun warm up the oil for a few minutes.

Another thing you could try is one of those magic erasers. I think they're made by Mr. Clean but you can find them at the dollar store. Dunk the sponge in your pool, squeeze it out, then rub the adhesive. I did this on my coping, but that's made of aluminum.

Anyway, good luck. That' really a shame that they used adhesive on your liner.

whatever you use, i would try a test on some leftover liner piece or get a sample from a store to test. OOPS is very good at removing adhesive, but i would test it first to be sure it wont damage the liner.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.