How to re-bury filter diffuser core assembly into sand bottom inside 19" sand-filter?

Young707

Jul 9, 2020
West Coast
We have 19" sand filter from XtremePowerUS at Amazon with 1.5 HP pump. We add more sand and somehow the center-core diffuser assembly was moved. The more we move this center core, the more it floats up. How can we bury this filter diffuser core assembly back into the bottom of the sand inside this sand-filter?

We asseme this style of 19" sand filter works similar to Hayward, Swimline, SwimPro, models..
Thank you for your help.

Well, you're probably not going to like this answer, but you might have to empty it and re-set the laterals and center pipe to the bottom. As a long shot, and I do mean long shot because I don't know if it will work, but you could try gently inserting a garden hose near the bottom much like when we do a sand deep clean to churn it up from the bottom to see if that gives you some relief. But if that doesn't work, you might have to start over. :brickwall:

As was suggested, you can try the garden hose attempt. However i dont see that working so well. Your best bet to get the center pipe and laterals in the proper locations os to take all the sand out and relocate the stand and laterals. This would also be a good time to inspect the laterals for any damage they may have recieved from the being moved around in the sand.

Well, you're probably not going to like this answer, but you might have to empty it and re-set the laterals and center pipe to the bottom. As a long shot, and I do mean long shot because I don't know if it will work, but you could try gently inserting a garden hose near the bottom much like when we do a sand deep clean to churn it up from the bottom to see if that gives you some relief. But if that doesn't work, you might have to start over. :brickwall:

A wet/dry shop vac should be able to get most of the sand out, albeit a bit slower than a scooping it out.

Reactions: Chad1979
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.