How to Properly Clean Robot Filters

I have the same robot and have not done anything except blast all the mud and debris out of the panels with a garden hose after each run. I just make sure I do it every time and that I blast the dirt backwards, so that the water pushes it out in the opposite direction of the flow when it’s cleaning. So far the panels still look great.

A dirty filter/bag will only serve to make the robot filter BETTER, not worse. The particles are filling up some of the open space in the filters. This is at the expense of some flow. So until such time as flow becomes reduced enough to cause issues, I would say clean with water and if you want to do a very occasional TSP soak, that might assist. But I don't plant to do that for a long time. Earl seems quite content.

I have the same robot and have not done anything except blast all the mud and debris out of the panels with a garden hose after each run. I just make sure I do it every time and that I blast the dirt backwards, so that the water pushes it out in the opposite direction of the flow when it’s cleaning. So far the panels still look great.

I share the same routine. Spray nozzle at strong spray setting and then a few seconds on each filter panel.

Aside from spraying out with the hose.

Bags: Washing machine, cold cycle, no or light soap.

Filters: Spray cartridge cleaner. I've also had some customers tell be about baking soda/vinegar based cleaning or hydrogen peroxide based cleaning, no details though. Something with some sort of bubbling/carbonation action to get deep dirt out.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.