How to disable pump timer?

alosito

Jun 24, 2019
Simi Valley, CA
We bought a house with a pool last June, and I have been following the TFP approach since then mostly with good results. One thing I still can't figure out is my pump timer (see the attached picture). It is my understanding that during the winter, when we don't use the pool at all, I should only be running my pump for about 30 minutes when I add chlorine. How do I do it with this timer? Currently, the pump gets turned on by itself during the day, and I don't want it to happen. I only want to turn it on at around 9 pm when I add chlorine.

Attachments

• pumpNovember.jpg
    pumpNovember.jpg
    86.8 KB · Views: 19
A,

Just remove all the little pointed things called "dogs".. Some of them are marked as "on" and some as "off".. Just set an "on" dog at the time you want the pump to come on and an "off" dog for the time you want the pump to go off..

Only running 30 minutes a day will most likely not skim your pool...

Thanks,

Jim R.

A,

It is up to you... I'd run it for the half an hour you want and see how it works.. If you don't care about skimming than that is great.. If 30 minutes does not work for you keep increasing the time until you are happy.

Thanks,

Jim R.

What I cant follow is how your timer is set up.. it looks like ii turns on and off a few times over the course of the day, yes? And you have a single speed pump? I have no automation.. that is "I am the automation", So here's what I did with my Intermatic timer. I have my timer turn on once for a specific amount of time during a 24 hour cycle. I set the runtime based on the CL I need from my SWG. I have a second Off "dog" on the wheel so if I turn it on manually I can slide the dog to a position so it will turn off on its own. Come winter I don't need to run it as much and I run it manually as you are thinking. so I'll take the On "dog" off the wheel. then I just flip it on and adjust the off "dog" accordingly...woof woof

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.