How to cool a pool? what devices/ unites work best

Some will rig-up a PVC fountain like this ….
dbtgallery.php

… and while I have one of those for my pool, I also found that simply taking a hand water nozzle, placing it on fan spray or something similar, and propped it up at the side of the pool so it sprays gently over the surface, it make a big difference without increasing the pH (aeration).

How to cool a pool? :scratch: If your pool water is properly maintained via TFP method, I'll trade anytime!

Earlier today our Grandkids came over dying to take a dip but were quickly disappointed when they saw the water temp sitting at 75 F. So they just all sat in the Spa (took 30 mins to warm it up).
Our pool gets full sun all day but we're still not out of the cold front and windy condition. I recall, 85 deg F was the hottest (still cold for me) when we had a few days of triple digits last year.

I'm also in SE TX, and being my first year with the pool I'm now considering some kind of fountain to cool water at night, as the pool is bumping 90 during the day. Ideally I'd like to keep it around 88 if possible. I really don't want to add anything to a return though, as I know my toddler will only want to play with it when we are in the pool. I was wondering if anyone has other options? I was wondering if I could run a small pond fountain on my sun shelf at night, then pull it out when we want to swim, something like this maybe?
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07CML2QS7/ref=sspa_dk_detail_4?psc=1&pd_rd_i=B07CML2QS7&pd_rd_wg=RmDna&pd_rd_r=K822BG4WN80K3Z9KV95K&pd_rd_w=D2mnL

I'm also in SE TX, and being my first year with the pool I'm now considering some kind of fountain to cool water at night, as the pool is bumping 90 during the day. Ideally I'd like to keep it around 88 if possible. I really don't want to add anything to a return though, as I know my toddler will only want to play with it when we are in the pool. I was wondering if anyone has other options? I was wondering if I could run a small pond fountain on my sun shelf at night, then pull it out when we want to swim, something like this maybe?
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07CML2QS7/ref=sspa_dk_detail_4?psc=1&pd_rd_i=B07CML2QS7&pd_rd_wg=RmDna&pd_rd_r=K822BG4WN80K3Z9KV95K&pd_rd_w=D2mnL

You could. I don’t think it will be as effective as a fine mist from a DIY solution. I have 3 kids. I just remove my entire set up after the morning run.

For the cooling effect you want to create as fine a mist as possible. This could work with the "frothy" head on it. You may need to modify a head to get the effect you want. Also just playing under a fountain in the pool helps you feel cooler too. Another thing you could try is partially shading the pool. Setting up a shade sail on one side to create a shady area will help keep pool temps down.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
If you have solar heating, you can accomplish cooling by running the solar at night. Without automation control of the solar, it will just continue to cool until you turn off the pump, or the sun comes up. If you have automation, you can set a temp and the cooling will stop at the desired temp.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.