Jandy VersaTemp JRT Heat Chill pump reviews?

Aug 31, 2018
League City Tx
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Jandy Aquapure 1400
With this unrelenting heat in Texas (and most of the south) this summer, my pool is an untenable 98°. I have been exploring various ways to try and manage the heat to make the pool enjoyable again, and one thing I am considering is a chiller. I was advised by a local pool service company to stay away from the Glacier chiller, and recommended Aqua Cal brand heat pump chiller. So now that I am researching heat pump chillers, if I did go that route, I would prefer one that seamlessly integrates with my existing Jandy automation system. This leads me to the Jandy VersaTemp/JRT line of heat pump chillers.

Has anyone installed one of these for the sole purpose of chilling your pool, and if so, how does it perform in 100° days with nearly all day sun? Also, if you installed inline with an existing gas heater ( the Jandy manual says this is an ok configuration), how does the automation manage both the heater and heat pump? For example, is it smart enough to know that if I turn on heat for the spa, that the heater should activate adn not the heat pump?

Thanks for any feedback, it is hard to find reviews on the performance of these, especially for a chiller application in hot humid climate. VersaTemp Heat/Chill Pump | Jandy

I can't speak to the Jandy as I have Pentair, but I have zero regrets about my chiller. We built a smaller pool intentionally and I was worried about it getting too warm. I have no complaints. Keep it at 86 and it runs about 60-75 minutes a day in the late afternoon and a bit less if I run the waterfall. It is a combo with a heat pump.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.