How to add Jandy Valve Actuator to iAquaLink/PCB

sugast

Nov 21, 2018
Dallas, TX
I currently have the RS-PS4 Pool & Spa Rev T.2 CPU/software on my power control board (PCB). This system supports pump, heater, and three auxiliaries. My pump is a Jandy 2 speed pump. I have a blower for the spa and lights for the pool. The system was installed with two JVAs for the intake and return for the spa. The other two JVAs are unused (solar & cleaner). The low speed, lights, and blower are mapped to the three auxiliaries. Everything works fine.

I also have a water feature (deck jets) that are turned on and off manually using a Jandy valve. I want to automate the water feature as well as opposed to going to the side of the house each time to operate. I bought the Jandy valve actuator. I connected to the PCB using the solar JVA. The actuator receives power and will operate if I flick the switch on the bottom of the actuator. The problem is I haven’t figured out a way to operate via the app. When i go into setting to assign the JVA, it only give me the option to assign to the blower or light auxiliary. The exact same thing happens if I use the cleaner JVA slot on the board as opposed to the solar. Obviously, I don’t want to turn on the blower or lighters each time I use the water feature.

Do I have any other options than upgrading the CPU to a RS6 or RS8 so I can have an extra auxiliary to assign the actuator to? Is there a way to automate the JVA without assigning to an auxiliary? Thanks in advance for your help!

S,

I am not a Jandy guy, but it appears to me that the unit comes set so that Aux 1 is for the Cleaner.. This appears to be controlled by dip switch S1.. If S1 is set to one, then Aux 1 can be used for anything..

Thanks,

Jim R.

S,

I am not a Jandy guy, but it appears to me that the unit comes set so that Aux 1 is for the Cleaner.. This appears to be controlled by dip switch S1.. If S1 is set to one, then Aux 1 can be used for anything..

Thanks,

Jim R.

Jim it doesn't matter. The 4 aux ports (since he has a PS4) are hardwired to one of the 4 I have pictured. As long as they are assigned properly in that picture, and you plug the JVA into that port, it should work. There is another screen where you can rename it whatever you want for display purposes. But that screen I posted will always show the pre-defined names. I am aware of the dip switches but I don't believe he needs to change any of them.

PG,

One reason I am not a very good Jandy guy is that there are so many different versions of the same basic platform.. I can't keep any of them straight.. :)

Thanks for the course correction...

Jim R.

Do you know if anything is connected to Aux1? The fact that it doesn't show up in either Assign JVAs or Label Aux means that it has been commandeered. Aux2 is automatically taken off those lists because it has been commandeered for Low Speed, but why/for what was Aux1 commandeered?

Are you sure there is no dip switch set?
Can you fill out your signature with the rest of your equipment?

Last edited:

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
OK the above is the answer. AUX1 on your system is reserved for a booster pump and AUX2 for your pump speed control. If you do not have a booster pump, you can grab that port by switching the dip switch back (Jim was right). What is plugged into your 4 AUX ports?
20190503_111603.jpg

So yeah, you'd need to upgrade your board to an RS6 or better, P&S. That is I think like $1000. Check ebay for used boards just make sure they are the right REV. Call Jandy and talk to them they might send you one for free (they sent me a new board for free).

Check this one out....

Here is a REV T

I was afraid I’d have to Upgrade the board. My pool is only 10 months old so i guess i can try and sell my RS4. Is eBay the best marketplace for used pool equipment? Also, thanks for all the help!
Your builder gave you no room for expansion. Any chance you can make that claim to him since it's less than a year? Maybe he has an RS6 or something on his shelf that was unused at another install.

It seems to me all you need to do is use AuxEx (which is solar when no solar temp probe is attached)

If this were my system, I would connect the actuator to the solar JVA port and push the Solar (AuxEx) button and see what happens.. It will either work, or it won't.. :)

Jim R.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.