How much MPS do I use for initial shock?

My pH is about 7.7. (The color looks to be between 7.6 and 7.8.) It took a few times of putting in dry acid before I could get it to 7.6 and it stayed there almost 2 days. The Alk is 60. Should I go ahead and put the boric acid in now or should I work on lowering the pH more?

OK, but remember that the outgassing is slower at higher pH so don't force it down so low (I know that the boric acid slightly lowered the pH -- I mean in the future). If it wants to settle in near 7.7 to 7.8, then that is fine. If it rises higher, then don't lower it below 7.5 and you'll use less acid as a result.

OK, but remember that the outgassing is slower at higher pH so don't force it down so low (I know that the boric acid slightly lowered the pH -- I mean in the future). If it wants to settle in near 7.7 to 7.8, then that is fine. If it rises higher, then don't lower it below 7.5 and you'll use less acid as a result.

OK, thank you. It was 7.6 and 7.8 before the boric acid. I will keep track of it.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.