how much chlorine does a pentair intellichlor IC20 produce in 4 hours

Jun 11, 2016
statesboro, ga
I am trying to set my IC 20 to produce the correct amount of chlorine and need to know how much chlorien is produced in 4 hours as this is my pump time running from 10pm to 2am

Ph = 7.8

FC = 5

TC = 5

CC = 0

CYA = 80

TA = 90

Temp = 82 degrees F

I am using the "Water Balance For SWGs" process which states

FC = 4 - 6

Ph = 7.5 - 7.8

TA = 60 - 80

CYA = 70 - 80

Thanks.

Under normal summer time conditions an IC20 on a 19000 gallon pool will need to run nearly 24 hours at 100% to generate sufficient chlorine.

An IC 20 creates 0.72 lbs of chlorine in 24 hours. That is ~4.5PPM of FC in your pool each 24 hours if it is run at 100%.

Hope that helps.

FYI - be sure to upgrade to an IC40 (at least) when this cell needs to be replaced.

mm,

We always recommend a Cell that is rate for 2 x the volume of your pool. This is because cells are rated while running at 100% and 24/7, something you don't normally want to do.

Sorry to say that your cell is much too small for your pool.

On the other hand, your number look spot on to me...

Thanks,

Jim R.

In 4 hours at 100%, that would be 0.75 ppm of FC generated per day. If your average target is 5 ppm FC, that would be an extinction rate of around 15%. Currently, my extinction rate is about 10% but I do have a cover on right now which helps. So I don't think you are totally out of line with what is possible. However, you might find that you will need to bump up run time some to compensate for higher extinction rates.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.