Ferndale, MI
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-40
Everyone here always wants to know how many gallons the pool is. How do I find out? I'm buying a house and the owner doesn't know, he suggested I call the pool store they use. I did, and he said he'd guess 12-15,000. is that the closest I'll get?

Emily

- - - Updated - - -

Another question. Type of Filter? I'm not sure what this means. I know the pool currently uses chlorine tablets but we are switching to a SWG. but this doesn't impact "type" of filter right?

The 12,000 to 15,000 gallons is close enough for now. Once you get to using and maintaining it, you can use chemical additions to narrow down the size more closely.

If you can read anything off the equipment or post pictures of it we can most likely tell you what type and in some cases what size the equipment is.

We got keys to the house! Now someone else I spoke with says he thinks it's closer to 20k. Here's what I have.

ffe4971b358f6236ec6f01d4f4989a4e.jpg
464c29af4e030b65ee4961d148efaf13.jpg
13afb96c39ae04e7e17caed63f5daf6f.jpg
10f26b58947e97f5f260a9c4c31c5f62.jpg
09b1cbe3dab66762c84ad0310a523821.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You'll need to pump the water off the cover to be able to tell what the water underneath looks like.

You have a heater. You'll need to unwrap it before firing it up.

That's a Sta-Rite Max-E-Pro main pump, but I can't tell what size it is. Looks like maybe a 1 hp.

You also have a booster pump, which means that you have a pressure side cleaner. It's a Pentair LS-MS05.

That tall canister looking thing is an inline tablet feeder. It says Bioguard on it, but it's a Pentair Rainbow 320 with their label on it.

Everything looks in pretty good shape. The fact that the heater is covered hopefully means it was winterized correctly and you won't have much trouble opening it.

The 2 straightish edges are 35' x 20'. The shallow end is 3' and the deep end is 5'

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
The formula is length x width x depth x 7.5. I'd estimate 33x18x4x7.5=18,000. You can dial in your estimate over time by comparing expected chemical changes with actual changes based on a given product addition.

I have a program where I can model a pool if I have a few dimensions, and I can usually get pretty close to the volume. Also, the majority of the time, people tend to overestimate volumes. It may wind up actually being a little larger than my estimate, but about 15,000 gallons would be a good place to start in Poolmath.

I have a program where I can model a pool if I have a few dimensions, and I can usually get pretty close to the volume. Also, the majority of the time, people tend to overestimate volumes. It may wind up actually being a little larger than my estimate, but about 15,000 gallons would be a good place to start in Poolmath.

well my pool is covered too, so it's hard to measure right now.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.