How many actuators with IntelliCenter i10PS

As per the intellicenter manual:

The IntelliCenter Control System can control up to four IntelliValve automatic valve actuators via a RS-485 four conductor connection. for more information, see the IntelliCenter® Control Panel User’s Guide (P/N 522990). Two of the standard valve outputs are dedicated to the pool/spa INTAKE and RETURN valves. Valve A or Valve B actuators are for general purpose use (solar, water-feature, in-floor cleaner, etc.).

Grand,

The stock units come with 4 valve drivers, but as Candurin points out, two of them are dedicated to be used as the Intake and Return valves only..

The Good news is that the IntelliCenter has an option to add additional valve drivers with an add-on card.. Let's see if @MyAZPool can tell us how many additional drivers are on each card.

As far as the IntelliValve be controlled by the RS-485, unless something has changed in the last day or so, this is a "future" capability and not yet available. I would not hold your breath.. :mrgreen:

Thanks,

Jim R.

If you put three expansion enclosures on an intelliCenter you can control 8 valves - A through H. Basically 2 additional valves for each panel beyond the POOL/SPA suction and return valves. Total of 10 valves.

According to the Pentair document below you can also add valve module P/N 520285 to an expansion enclosure and it gives you 3 additional valves.

@MyAZPool says Expandable up to 10 valve actuators with the use of the optional IntelliCenter Valve Expansion Module in....

Last edited:
An i10PS alone can control 4 valve actuators.
2 on the i10 daughter card (Return and Intake).
2 on the mothercard (A and B).

HOWEVER, if a user chooses to add the "Valve Expansion Module", then an additional 6 valve actuators (C through H) can be added to the system.

2 + 2 + 6 = 10. ;)

2021-07-14_15-54-06.jpg

2021-07-14_16-00-48.jpg

Thanks...
r.

Grand,

The stock units come with 4 valve drivers, but as Candurin points out, two of them are dedicated to be used as the Intake and Return valves only..

The Good news is that the IntelliCenter has an option to add additional valve drivers with an add-on card.. Let's see if @MyAZPool can tell us how many additional drivers are on each card.

As far as the IntelliValve be controlled by the RS-485, unless something has changed in the last day or so, this is a "future" capability and not yet available. I would not hold your breath.. :mrgreen:

Thanks,

Jim R.
@GrandLSU

@Jimrahbe is correct. Although RS-485 capability of the IntelliValve is "planned" for sometime in the future, that capability does not currently exist. And in my opinion, his advice to "not hold your breath" is also right on target. :goodjob:
Thanks...
r.

@GrandLSU

@Jimrahbe is correct. Although RS-485 capability of the IntelliValve is "planned" for sometime in the future, that capability does not currently exist. And in my opinion, his advice to "not hold your breath" is also right on target. :goodjob:
Thanks...
r.
Do any of the GitHub offerings make IntelliValve communication possible?

@Candurin

Short answer is no. That's not to say there hasn't been a lot of effort however. There are still some attempts in the works but nothing at this time.
r.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.