How long is your pool taking to get built ?

Reactions: Jdmcbuilt
We're still wrapping up a few punchlist items from our build, but it took almost exactly a year from contract execution in July 2021 to completion this month. This wasn't a huge deviation from what our PB told us to expect, with original completion scheduled for 5/31/22. Planning/permitting started in August 2021, and we did not get approvals until December 2021. We got everything scheduled and broke ground in early February 2022, so about 5 months of actual construction time. Landscaping is still a work in progress, since we're holding off until fall to do a lot of planting. Completion pics are available here: New member pool planning in N. Atlanta - Construction Completed 7/2022.

The end result has far exceeded our expectations, and overall I was happy with both the builder and the price that we paid. Despite recent inflation, they didn't try and raise contract pricing, and they had a good handle on the supply chain issues. By their own admission, they did get a bit overwhelmed by demand, as they jumped from about 50 pools a year pre-Covid to about 150 pools a year! That caused some communication issues, and our PM ended up getting proactively swapped out mid-way through the build due to availability issues. We still ended up doing a good amount of the subcontractor coordination/oversight, but their subs were very seasoned and worked with each other regularly, which helped tremendously. As someone who has previously awarded construction contracts on behalf of the Government, I don't know that I would have wanted to do an owner build going into this blind the first time. I would feel comfortable enough now to do it, but I still feel like we gained significant benefit in terms of a notoriously difficult permitting process in this area and the extensive subcontractor network/craftsmanship.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.