How long is your pool taking to get built ?

Contract signed - March 16th, 2021
Dig day - June 9th, 2021
Steel & Short Plumbing - June 10th, 2021
Gunite - June 11th - June 14th, 2021
Plaster - Nov. 13th, 2021
Start up - Nov. 19th, 2021
Pool turned over to Owner - Dec. 17th, 2021
Punch list completed - Jan. 25th, 2022

Reactions: TKpoolOH
Wait.....what?!
I know! :cry: Two things to consider...I'm in Cleveland, OH so pool construction doesn't happen for a not insignificant part of the year and apparently all my PB employees were a part of the Great Resignation (only people left were the 2 owners and 2 girls in the office).

• Sad
Reactions: Gladius Nova
I think we are the anomaly. We are in Southern California and we are 9 weeks in from initial dig day. We should have pebble and water in by the end of next week, so looks like 10 solid weeks. I was promised 8-10 weeks with no delays and we did run into a one week delay for our marble coping we chose. But speaking to some neighbors they are more than double the time and far behind. How long is your project taking and where are you located?
Time and attention is all according to the Pool Builder/Company you selected. Ours was 10 weeks as well. Please share what interior finish you are choosing and please send pictures when your pool has water. Congratulations and I hope you enjoy. Ellen M

First dig day was 21 October, pool filled 30 January. Pretty pleased. Builder has about a week and a half left of startup and then it's on us!!!
Please share what interior finish you selected. We are interested in a similar color. Ellen M

And we are done....
Signed 10/20
Permit 4/21
Digging 9/21
Pool Filled 3/22

We love patio time and it was rough on us all seeing our yard torn up. From a 4-6 week quote to almost 399 days later. But its done and we are happy!:swim:

Attachments

• PXL_20210529_012456061.jpg
    PXL_20210529_012456061.jpg
    822.3 KB · Views: 48
  • PXL_20210827_010805340.MP.jpg
    PXL_20210827_010805340.MP.jpg
    834.9 KB · Views: 40
  • PXL_20210921_225445619.jpg
    PXL_20210921_225445619.jpg
    871.9 KB · Views: 49
  • PXL_20220328_194527141.jpg
    PXL_20220328_194527141.jpg
    520.6 KB · Views: 49
Last edited:

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Approximate time in Houston, TX- note permitting time :oops:.
** Overall time approx. 8 months- 4 months just waiting on permitting and city approvals**
***From dig day to plaster (still pending but really really close) somewhere in the neighborhood of 2.5 - 3 months***
Signed Contract in Aug '21
Plans submitted 9/27/21; returned 3 times, final approval on 11/24/21.
Dig 1/17/22
Plumbing and rebar 1/18 - 1/19/22
Gunite on 1/20/22
Additional plumbing and equipment 2/8/22
Travertine Deck on 2/22/22
Fire bowls installed 3/2/22
**Plaster complete 3/31/22**

Last edited:
Home owner build
6 weeks from start to finish.

Started filling today. 😁
Obviously not 100% done. Still need the pool deck and landscaping to be done. I'll start laying the paver edging this weekend for the grass. I have about 4 tons of rock on the street I need to move to the back lol. We won't start planting until September-October.

I'm still waiting (signed October 2020). I feel really bad for these folks, and I pray I am not eventually in this situation (my PB is only marginally better, ie. not in jail yet)...
If you haven't given a company any money. Move on and build your own. That's ridiculous. I get the demand vs supplies but if I were to tell my customer I can't get them there favorite beverage Coca Cola, than Im not providing the customer service we expect as a company. It's no different for contractors, you can find ones that wan't to work and have no excuses. The big pool companies keep selling pools without regards to there current agreements and future customers. Sometime it's best to start over and hit the reset button.

If you haven't given a company any money. Move on and build your own. That's ridiculous. I get the demand vs supplies but if I were to tell my customer I can't get them there favorite beverage Coca Cola, than Im not providing the customer service we expect as a company. It's no different for contractors, you can find ones that wan't to work and have no excuses. The big pool companies keep selling pools without regards to there current agreements and future customers. Sometime it's best to start over and hit the reset button.
I'm holding out hope for about another few weeks because if/when I cut my losses with this PB, good luck getting my $14K deposit back plus the additional $30K it's going to cost me with a new PB. I've got money, but not an endless supply. If money didn't matter, I would've fired him in 2021 when he started going down his path of being an inconsiderate and horrible business owner.

I'm holding out hope for about another few weeks because if/when I cut my losses with this PB, good luck getting my $14K deposit back plus the additional $30K it's going to cost me with a new PB. I've got money, but not an endless supply. If money didn't matter, I would've fired him in 2021 when he started going down his path of being an inconsiderate and horrible business owner.
That's terrible. In good faith they should honor the contract and break ties and refund your deposit. I'm sure there's a loophole in these agreements. I had multiple contractors tell me I signed an agreement. Well what I did sign were proposals that's not a legal document that binds me to them until monies or work has been completed.

Considering this is a cash only business, the contractors they work with don't get paid until after the work is done. They should have your money. Look over your contract and find the loophole.

I'm so glad I did the PB myself. Not one ounce of stress and overall I'm happy with it.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.