NJ
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-60
I was given a bucket of 1" tablets that are probably a year or so old and I've been using them in my floating duckie. The pool is getting chlorine, but not tons. Just wondering if I should toss these and use my newer ones.

Tricolor will last a very long time if properly stored. I have a 4 year old bucket of trichlor spa tablets (1") and they are still potent.

As long as they been kept dry in the bucket with the lid on, they're still good.

How do you know it's insufficient chlorine? What are the test results? Or is the water getting cloudy?

Are you aware that those tablets add CYA to the water as they dissolve, so even while you're adding chlorine, you're also raising the minimum chlorine level you need to maintain to keep the water sanitary and algae free?

Yes. I'm aware. I'm using these as my daily chlorine. Is there a better suggestion to use?

I still use liquid for shocking, but I was trying tablets for everyday use.
Wierd question, but how much liquid would I use and how often if it's my only source of chlorine?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.