How long a cartridge last? I have a Hayward. C150S

Check for algae.
Most cartridges last at least 5 years and can go over 10 years if not damaged when cleaning.

Also consider soaking in a solution of TSP if a lot of suntan oils, hair products, etc are used by the pool users.

So my daughter wanted to use the spa the other day, and the heater (Jandy LT400) wouldn't ignite. I've read and researched here and elsewhere and one of the first things most recommended was to ensure all the filters (Jandy CL460) were clean. I should add that I cleaned the cartridges in November, though we've had some big storms lately. So I cleaned them all again, and still no ignition. That is likely a separate thread, but my question is this:

My cartridges are about 13 years old and appear to be in great shape, but should I replace them now?

My pressure is not super high, but one source I researched suggested that even if they look OK they may not be. I don't know if TSP is available here in California (I doubt it), so what are my options? Clean with dishwasher soap, TSP, or replace?

My cartridges are about 13 years old and appear to be in great shape, but should I replace them now?
Hard to say. Those are large cartridges so soaking them will take a large receptacle. You can use dishwasher detergent instead of TSP.

13 years is a good run. But if your clean pressure (at an elevated rpm) is still the same, then no real need to replace or soak.

Reactions: Oceansol
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.