How is a pressure test performed?

Rob73

Oct 27, 2018
Phoenix, AZ
Just had our 11kG inground pool refinished. I wasnt home for the pressure test, but now that we've started the pool up, the infloor module is leaking, and the gauge on the top is newly broken. After the pressure test was done by the PB, the dome lid was off and so was the band clamp and oring stretched out.

Didn't think much if it, but now wondering if they damaged it during the test? Is an air pressure test generally done from the module?

A pressure test shouldn't use an extreme amount of pressure to rupture pool parts or components. Something like around 30-40 psi or so I believe. Ambient temperatures can also effect the results of a pressure test, but everything in the system, or section of line being testing, should of course be sealed/connected during the test. Perhaps you need to speak to them about the details of that pressure test?

Air is not used to pressure test plumbing, water is used. One generally has to seal up the entire the plumbing system and then fill it from a hose spigot to a pressure of around 30psi. I’m not sure how they would meaningfully pressure test pool plumbing that is already installed in an existing pool without extensively modifying the plumbing (cutting pipes and manifolding everything together). As @Texas Splash said, talk to the pool company. Sounds like they messed around with the IFC distribution valve but didn’t put it back together properly.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.