How far away from the skimmer do i need to be to drill holes, for my pool fence

Mark on the pic where you want to drill holes.

Between the pool edge and the skimmer are typically no pipes, you do have a water fill line that starts at the house and most likely ends up at the pool wall that you need to be aware of. Provided a picture of a standard skimmer installation prior to Shotcrete.View attachment 532253
Thanks for mentioning that, im not sure what the water fill line looks like underground, but it starts on the left of this photo in red, and then goes out to the pool on the right red line

Attachments

• IMG_7044.jpeg
    IMG_7044.jpeg
    517.7 KB · Views: 16
I would not drill in the area indicated in red…

IMG_1081.jpeg

Attempting to install my pool fence and I am debating my configurations. Wanted some advice on this area, I know the skimmer and gutter is here, so not sure if i can just drill holes between the pool edge and skimmer.View attachment 532207
View attachment 532208

Do you know the heritage of your pool? Sylvan Pool install, before they merged with Anthony pool. Circa 1980's I am guessing ?

That waterline tile brings back childhood memories :) - as well as the decking.

And yeah, the skimmer body is bigger than the access hatch. Look at your intake in the pool - I would stay 6" away from each side.

Do you know the heritage of your pool? Sylvan Pool install, before they merged with Anthony pool. Circa 1980's I am guessing ?

That waterline tile brings back childhood memories :) - as well as the decking.

And yeah, the skimmer body is bigger than the access hatch. Look at your intake in the pool - I would stay 6" away from each side.
I don't know much about it, I just moved in 1 year ago haha. Thanks for mentioning that. I'll avoid that area

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.