How do pool stores test everything with that machine?

cfclay

Apr 24, 2010
Lexington,Ky
I've been back to a pool store 30 miles away, twice now this summer- for them to test my salt and also to buy it as we were out in my town. We've had tons of rain like, well- some people. I need to get a "salt meter" and be done with them, I have the large TFP test kit and do all other tests. They keep saying I need to increase my Alkalinity, and that's never what I showed at my house. I let them test and take their recommendations anyway.

My question is- how do those stores test for "everything"? I only seem them enter water in one device. Never multiple tests. Is it some sort of spectography or something?

It is essentially test strips that get read by a photometer of some sort.

Why are you buying salt at a pool store? I get mine at Home Depot, water softener salt. Plain. $5 a bag.

Reactions: jennikz
It is essentially test strips that get read by a photometer of some sort.

Why are you buying salt at a pool store? I get mine at Home Depot, water softener salt. Plain. $5 a bag.
Haha, you sir- must live near a home depot. I... after already investing heavily in Ryobi Tools sold at Home Depot- 13 pieces to be exact- and that 100 mah electric riding mower..... I have moved to an area that is about 55 minutes away from home depot :(.
Seriously, Walmart and Lowes out in my town last month. Last week- they could have been in stock. Actually just checked Lowes- nope. Nada. Wonder why?

Whatever is plain. Do not get Iron protection or whatever.

It dissolves quick enough. Might take 15 minutes. Quicker if you brush it around.

Reactions: cfclay

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.