How do I use ph up crystals? dissolve or pour in pool as is. No instructions.

It is much better to use muriatic acid. The sodium bisulfate leaves sulfates behind that build up and can damage metal and concrete (plaster). MA leaves behind salt.

It is much better to use muriatic acid. The sodium bisulfate leaves sulfates behind that build up and can damage metal and concrete (plaster). MA leaves behind salt.

MA is used to lower pH. The OP says his pH is low and he wants to raise it.

Best way to raise pH is aeration. What is your pH & TA? How about sharing a complete set of test results?

My bad. In Phoenix and have low pH?? That is an odd occurrence.

Must be using trichlor heavily.

ok. I know you all will laugh but i am using test strips. This is all i have to go on for now. Nobody has put anything into this pool except large amounts of chlorine so all levels are off. I'm trying to get it back on track as it is cloudy and shows some fine hairs of algae clinging to the walls. Pool has a free float clorinator with five 3" tablets a week.

Total hardness - past very high, above 1000
Total Chlorine/Bromine - high 5/10
Free Chlorine - ideal 3
pH - so low it is yellow and not even on the chart (below 6.2)
Total Akalinity - Low 40
Stabilizer - off the chart low - below 0

Are you ordering a proper test kit?

Do not make any chemical decisions based on test strips.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I see the higher end test kits don't test for chlorine oto. do i need that?

All the CL OTO test tells you is if chlorine is present. The readings are not accurate enough to set a FC level.

I can get the Taylor K2006 for half the price of the K2006-c. is that ok?

See the number of tests you get from the 2006 vs the 2006-C in Test Kits Compared. If you buy the 2006 you will quickly need to buy additional reagents. The best value is the TF-100.

Reactions: IceShadow
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.