How close to cut foam base around an intex pool?

OrangeYaGlad

Jun 12, 2020
Michigan
Long time listener, first time caller. :)

We just finished setting up our intex pool on pink extruded foam with a tarp on top. We cut the foam and tarp about a 1.5 feet wider than the pool. I wonder if we should cut the foam and tarp to be closer to the pool edge. How close do most folks cut it? We are planning to put stones around the pool - I was thinking I should cut the foam close to the pool edge, unless people have luck just putting the stones on top? I'm also curious what most folks do with their foam over the winter.

Thanks so much!

I didn’t use foam, but I did use a tarp. I cut it within a few inches of the pool, and then ringed the pool with white beach pebbles.

I would cut a few inches. You can leave the 1.5 ft and then trim it after the pool is filled or filling. We ended up with excess foam on one side then the other. We trimmed and tapped it. We trimmed it after the pool was full.
We put our foam on the pavers and the feet on the foam. But we only used 1/2 in. Next time I’ll use 1-2 inch foam.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    579.1 KB · Views: 29
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    669.4 KB · Views: 30
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.