Houston pool build - all filled up, time to swim!

The way its looking now - everyone West of I-45 should have maximum wind gusts of 30mph. So hopefully that will minimize power outage around Houston.

We are East of 45 by Lake Houston in Summerwood, but I am not overly concerned at the moment. If anything we will lose internet for a few days, and maybe power. We have never flooded at any of our homes over here, so we shouldn't have any issues with this storm either

Reactions: Whiskeyfox
IMG_20200828_130829.jpgIMG_20200828_130745.jpg

Omg I'm in love with this tile now that it is in the pool! It looked a little greener before by itself but inside the pool it totally fits the blue/black/gray I was going for. Definitely taking longer for tile and coping than I thought but it's only 2 guys doing it and they have a few days left.

The tile is 2"x4". I honestly didn't even pay attention that it was the bigger size when ordering but I'm quite happy with it in the pool. I thought it was the standard 1x2 when ordering. The tile guy said it's much easier to lay straight than 1x2 just because it's a little bigger and it's not falling off the back mesh like smaller tiles do sometimes

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Do you mind posting the link to your water line tile or the name of it? I will be building a pool in The Woodlands soon and love that water line tile you picked out.
Sure no problem ....

Stratus Gray 2" x 4" (Subway Series) Glass Pool Tile by Artistry in Mosaics | GS84896B2

It's cheaper from NPT than their site

Sure no problem ....

Stratus Gray 2" x 4" (Subway Series) Glass Pool Tile by Artistry in Mosaics | GS84896B2

It's cheaper from NPT than their site

Thank you!

Also I have another tip, don't bother getting your sprinkler system fixed after the initial dig. The plumbers managed the mess up the spot far away that I already had repaired for $600 after the dig - my fault for not waiting but my grass was dying. In addition they tore up another $1000-1500 worth of sprinkler pvc and wiring today.

• Angry
Reactions: kimkats
Little bit annoyed only 4 hours of work has been done in the past 15 days - framing for the deck. The storms + possible hurricane hasn't helped and hopefully the deck area will dry up enough for work Monday.

In other news we finalized the pool finish. We ditched Pebble Sheen due to them having no smoother finish for the spa and are going with wet edge signature moonlight for the pool, and their primera stone in Starfall for the spa. Hope it looks good with the different colors! I'm also glad that wet edge has color offerings with 0 or minimal brown pebble depending. I hate brown pebble filler! Lol
PXL_20200926_002948101.jpg
PXL_20200926_002953491.jpgPXL_20200926_003004412.jpg

Last edited:

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.