House Bleach instead of chlorine pros or con ?

Liquid chlorine and bleach are the same thing, the only difference is concentration. Liquid chlorine sold in the pool store or hardware store is typically 10% sodium hypochlorite while laundry bleach, as of late, is 6% sodium hypochlorite. If you use laundry bleach then you need to make sure it’s not the scented or splash-less variety and that it doesn’t say “fabric protection technology” (or Cloromax Technology) on it.

Use pool math to figure out how much you need to add to your pool. Pools typically need 2-4ppm FC per day to make up for UV loss and bather load.

Reactions: Coolhand64
Use a clorine calculator for real cost.

Concentrated and cleaning bleach are now the same percentage so check before you buy.

Walmart 6% cleaning bleach at $1.77 is typically the best deal around, and last the longest in improper storage conditions.

One gallon of water is 8 lbs

Reactions: Coolhand64
Liquid chlorine and bleach are the same thing, the only difference is concentration. Liquid chlorine sold in the pool store or hardware store is typically 10% sodium hypochlorite while laundry bleach, as of late, is 6% sodium hypochlorite. If you use laundry bleach then you need to make sure it’s not the scented or splash-less variety and that it doesn’t say “fabric protection technology” (or Cloromax Technology) on it.

Use pool math to figure out how much you need to add to your pool. Pools typically need 2-4ppm FC per day to make up for UV loss and bather load.
Thanks ! For the info I always wanted to know the difference between the both ?

Thanks ! For the info I always wanted to know the difference between the both ?

I was thinking the same thing, then I looked at the cost thread.

Sam’s Club has 6% bleach for $9.82/3 pack.

Home Depot has 10% liquid chlorine for $8.95/3 pack when you buy 4. ($9.95/3 pack otherwise)

It seems like a no brained to go with the liquid chlorine because of that.

Also, Sam’s club is typically Clorox. The additive Cloromax should not be added to pool water.

Use a clorine calculator for real cost.

Concentrated and cleaning bleach are now the same percentage so check before you buy.

Walmart 6% cleaning bleach at $1.77 is typically the best deal around, and last the longest in improper storage conditions.

One gallon of water is 8 lbs
Can you tell me what brand cleaning bleach Walmart carries at $1.77? I'm looking on their website, and I see their "Great Value Easy Pour" (which I believe is their own brand), is $2.67. That's 50% higher. I see nothing near $1.77.

Thanks!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.