Hot tub

My suggestion is to get your CH up a little higher. Soft water can contribute to extra foaming. There is no Cyanuric acid in the Aqua Clarity. Phonedave, I realize you are a very loyal Ahh-Some Purge fan but I must ask this question. Did you do perform an Ahh-Some or Aqua Clarity purge PRIOR to beginning the weekly maintenance. I assume that you did. If so, the gunk you see collecting in the filter well area and in the dead spots is what you say it is. The product is a workhorse! It is constantly gently chemically scrubbing surfaces clean of bio-contaminants. Most hot tub owners only need to spend $89.00 for a full year to a year and a half’s worth of finished diluted product. Use this and an EPA registered sanitizer and you are all set for chemicals other than the periodic pH and TA adjustments. Hot Tub water maintenance is so easy with this system. It is truly a wonderful product.

Reactions: phonedave
My suggestion is to get your CH up a little higher. Soft water can contribute to extra foaming. There is no Cyanuric acid in the Aqua Clarity. Phonedave, I realize you are a very loyal Ahh-Some Purge fan but I must ask this question. Did you do perform an Ahh-Some or Aqua Clarity purge PRIOR to beginning the weekly maintenance. I assume that you did. If so, the gunk you see collecting in the filter well area and in the dead spots is what you say it is. The product is a workhorse! It is constantly gently chemically scrubbing surfaces clean of bio-contaminants. Most hot tub owners only need to spend $89.00 for a full year to a year and a half’s worth of finished diluted product. Use this and an EPA registered sanitizer and you are all set for chemicals other than the periodic pH and TA adjustments. Hot Tub water maintenance is so easy with this system. It is truly a wonderful product.

Yes, I purged with Ahh-some, changed the water, and then began the Aqua Clarity regimen. I suspect that when I do my next purge and change, that I will see a less than normal amount of gunk come out, because it is coming out "continuously" with Aqua Clarity, instead of all at once with Ahh-Some

Reactions: Mdragger88
Phonedave, You are correct. If a successful purge was completed before starting the AC program, the plumbing will be maintained continuously by allowing the sticky stuff to be captured in your filter(s). Another good thing to remember is that yiu really should not have to ever use a filter cleaner again while using the Aqua Clarity since the pleats will hold particulates without allowing them to remain on the filter material with just using a garden hose spray to clean them. No need to soak in a filter cleaner and waste all that time. You’ll see what the product does after you are using it for a few months.

I apparently lost at hot tubbin. :mrgreen: Came home to check the FC and its cloudy n like looks like Mr. Bubbles farted in it. :eek: FC 0 CC 2. Looks like I'll be purging it tomorrow after work. I have plants to replace today n can't get to it. I gotta figure out how to dump it. I have a sump pump or if there is an easier way.

Hot tub 1... Casey 0!

Attachments

• 20220519_154523.jpg
    20220519_154523.jpg
    427.9 KB · Views: 12
Reactions: Newdude
I apparently lost at hot tubbin. :mrgreen: Came home to check the FC and its cloudy n like looks like Mr. Bubbles farted in it. :eek: FC 0 CC 2. Looks like I'll be purging it tomorrow after work. I have plants to replace today n can't get to it. I gotta figure out how to dump it. I have a sump pump or if there is an easier way.

Hot tub 1... Casey 0!
It had chlorine in it, how dirty can it get in two days ... I'd just add more and see how it does --- hopefully it's usable until you get around to purging it.

It had chlorine in it, how dirty can it get in two days ...
It's likely the stagnant water in the plumbing from when they tested it at the factory. Even with a fast turnaround that's a few weeks and untreated water goes stagnant quick.

But wait !!! Why wouldn't they blow out the plumbing you say ? We have no idea either. :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:
It's likely the stagnant water in the plumbing from when they tested it at the factory. Even with a fast turnaround that's a few weeks and untreated water goes stagnant quick.

But wait !!! Why wouldn't they blow ouy the plumbing you say ? We have no idea either. :ROFLMAO:
I learned really quickly that you should purge a hot tub on day 1! :deal:

I learned really quickly that you should purge a hot tub on day 1! :deal:
Pffffffft. Took me 7 years to learn that. And I missed all the maintenance purges too. What came out made me a lifetime user. :puker::puker::puker::puker:

You are WAY ahead of the game sis. (y)

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I use my cover pump & the factory drain - doesn’t take long.
For the purge add some chlorine & Ahhsome to the existing water, do the purge, (u may need to do a couple rounds until it comes out clean) - scooping & wiping as u go - then drain, refill a little (while spraying down the shell) & drain that. Then refill, balance etc.
1 dirty human (all humans are dirty) can use up 2ppm fc every 30 minutes to an hour. Its like having 20+ people in your pool all day.
This is why it’s suggested to dose to or near shock level for your cya after soaking to make up for bather waste & still have enough fc to remain above minimum for your cya until the following day/next use. The water itself is a living soup, constantly reproducing & consuming fc this is amplified by the dark, environment. The contaminants/ organics are never completely eliminated, just kept at bay. Add in lots of biofilms & it’s a losing battle.

So this thing is going to need babysat every single day.

Hey. You know how you tell folks their pool is like a pet and they need to feed it everyday ? :poke: :laughblue:
😆 SHUT UP! :laughblue:

I guess I'll be giving her the Ahhsome treatment and draining in between swimming tomorrow after work. It's supposed to be in the 90s tomorrow.

Reactions: JoeSelf and Newdude
Sort of- hopefully the removal of biofilms will help w/ the demand.
Some manual dosers get a couple days of standby before needing to dose again.
Or …. Swg… just sayin 😁
SWG voids the warranty on this thing. I gave it a dose of chlorine the night we used it. Apparently it wasnt enough. I didn't use it or mess with it yesterday other than showing my brother. It looked fine. This is going to be a trial n kick my butt kind of deal. LOL

Reactions: Mdragger88
SWG voids the warranty on this thing.
Do tell.....
Maybe you should make the maufacturer aware that adding chlorine and MA will also add salt to the water. And ask them to explain WHY using a SWG causes damage - apparently enough for them to void the warranty.

SWG voids the warranty on this thing. I gave it a dose of chlorine the night we used it. Apparently it wasnt enough. I didn't use it or mess with it yesterday other than showing my brother. It looked fine. This is going to be a trial n kick my butt kind of deal. LOL
I won’t tell 🤫

• Haha
Reactions: Casey and Newdude
Right? I often wonder that, with the old “SWG voids the warranty” - short of telling them, how would they ever know?
My Man Love GIF by People of Earth TBS

• Haha
Reactions: Newdude

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.