hot tub water level??

contact148

Jul 22, 2020
ontario Canada
So we got this tub for free 2001 sundance altamar everything works but i am not sure how high to fill it manual says to cover the jets but the two neck jets are pretty high up (see pics) with just the wife and I its fine but she had 3 friends over and with all 4 in the tub it overflowed
the pic with the filter the water is approx 3 inch over the top of filter so can anyone tell me how high i should fill it?

d5KLLWQ.jpg

8kM9tD7.jpg

vCwJPUF.jpg

There really is no right answer here.. If it is normally just you and the wife, I would fill it so that when you were both in the spa, the jets are covered.. Then when her friends come over you will just have to expect it it overflow or drain some first.

Thanks,

Jim R.

You want to have sufficient flow into the filter area to avoid it sucking air into the filter when jets are on high with no-one in the spa. Typically 2-3 inches above the bottom of the skimmer gate. Rule of thumb says halfway up the skimmer, but it doesn't need to be that high in most cases. Exposed jets will cause aeration which can raise ph.

You want to have sufficient flow into the filter area to avoid it sucking air into the filter when jets are on high with no-one in the spa. Typically 2-3 inches above the bottom of the skimmer gate. Rule of thumb says halfway up the skimmer, but it doesn't need to be that high in most cases. Exposed jets will cause aeration which can raise ph.

those neck jets are not on with the filtration pump (pump1) they only come on with pump 2 which never automatically turns on as you see in the pics the neck jet are much higher then all other jets, this is why I'm unsure of the water level

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.