joecoyle

Bronze Supporter
Hi,

My brother has just bought an Intex inflatable pureSpa. 795 litres.

As the family “pool guy”, he asked me how long he should run the filter for. It’s a cartridge filter.

I checked the manual and it does not mention an optimum running time, only to clean the filter every few weeks.

Should it be as simple as a couple of hours a day? More if it gets a lot of use? Can you run the filter with the cover on ?

I doubt it will get much use until the weather warms up, but it is full and heated now.

Thanks
Joe

More use when the weather warms up? Our tub get the most use when it's cold outside.

I set mine to run two hours a day but it is a smaller water volume. Do realize every time the pump kicks on to heat and /or run the jets, the filter is operating. Yes the filter operates fine with the cover on.

Sorry for the n00b questions.

We live in the UK! We need it to be relatively warm before venturing outside!

There is a filter button on the control panel as well as the bubbles / heat controls.
I was just confused as to why it was there if it runs every time the heater is on.

Do you need to run the filter separately every day then even if you don’t actively use the hot tub ? Is that the point of the button ?

I’ve never used a cartridge filter before. I’m used to my sand filter for my pool. With its multi port valve and timer that handles everything for me!

When the pump runs it pulls water from the tub through the filter toward the pump and exits through the return jets.
On mine I can set the pump to operate on a schedule every day, at a set time. You should be able to set the run time and start time although the start time may be adjusted by powering up the system (plugging it in).
You will want the system to filter the water every day even when not in use in addition to the heating cycles.
Did your bro get a manual for his spa?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.