Krulligo

May 18, 2022
Toronto
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
So I think it's time to replace my spa cover. The cover is one that the previous owners used when before we moved in 2.5y ago (the spa itself is 20+ years old, not sure about the cover). Although snow doesn't melt on top which makes me think the insulation properties are still quite good, the upholstery is in rough shape with some rips along the middle fold which I have duct taped, and the skirt is very brittle and ripped up. Looking into replacement covers, I didn't realize they were so pricy ($550-650 CND).

If taken care of properly, what is the typical lifespan of one of these covers. The spa is in full sunlight and exposed to typically Canadian winters. Is there an option of reupholstering the insulation foam from the current cover? What should I be looking out for or avoiding when buying a new cover? Thanks!

Hiya, I've replaced mine through normal online manufacturers that let you pick width of cover, color, ect. And you're correct, they're not cheap. The biggest thing to get right is the size. Go by brand if possible, perhaps model too?

Maddie ☮️

Hiya, I've replaced mine through normal online manufacturers that let you pick width of cover, color, ect. And you're correct, they're not cheap. The biggest thing to get right is the size. Go by brand if possible, perhaps model too?

Maddie ☮️

Thanks. Regarding the size of the cover should I get same size of bit larger then the dimensions of the tub? My tub size is 81x86" from edge to edge. My current cover (I don't think it's original) is 81x86.5". However, a hot tub cover website that I can put in my spa brand and model defaults the cover size to 83x88". Should a cover be slightly larger then the edge to edge size of the tub, or should I just get a 81x86" cover?

Hi
I always measure and use the form on the site of the manufacturer. I have a large cover 100 x 85. Be aware that I could take a year for the order to be filled. I ordered mine in July 2021 and currently the delivery is supposed to be August of 2022. Every time I call to check on delivery status in the promised month they tell me it will be 2 more months. It went from October to January to April to June to August. I will be surprised if it arrives before December. Affordable Spa Covers.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.