Hot tub connected to the pool?

Jun 24, 2014
Ky
I'm putting in a new 27' liner in my 26' index pool. It seems to be working well with only a few wrinkles along the wall. I'm good with that in that it will save me $1400. $250 on the new liner and clips subtracted from the new cost of index 26' pool.

I'm also strongly considering purchasing an inflatable intex hot tub or the equivalent in a different brand.

Q: Is there a brand of (inflatable hot tub) that most people think is the best Value?
Q: I maintain a pretty good pool. I test at home and follow the pool school and pool math calculator. So... Could I just hook the pool and the Hot tub together. Pumping the water in and out of the hot tub to the pool thus sharing the same water and chemicals and heat?
IF I could the advantage is that I would only need to maintain the pool water and dumping the hot tub water into the pool would serve as a heater in effect a heated pool.

Am I missing anything here? And do people do this? And where are the instructions?

Thanks,
Wade

Last edited:
You cannot maintain two bodies of water with one circulation system. That is why pools with spas have spillovers to make it a single body of water.

Thanks for your reply. I respect your input and experience.

Just discussing this further, My hot tub would be above the pool. I would propose to use the pool pump to divert water to fill the hot tub and gravity or the hot tub pump to dump the water back into the pool. It would be a manual process but I would think could perhaps be easily done. Perhaps I could dump and refill the water once a day or every other day, or as needed. IDK still thinking through this. In my mind it is just a matter of diverting water from the pumps to transfer water. I know the water level would have to be adjusted manually and wouldn't just automatically adjust itself.

It is a matter of keeping both bodies of water sanitary. You can’t do that without sufficient daily chlorination and filtering daily. If you want to sign up for daily manual process then give it a try. Miss a few days and you will be dealing with problems.

I have set up separate bodies (pool and spa) on both intellitouch and omnilogic controls. There is obviously some crossover, but it is minimal. Chemical systems must at least be compatible if not the same, of course, but you can maintain a spa at 104f and a pool at 78f indefinitely. It would be very difficult without automation.
I am not very familiar with that brand, but many inflatable spas do not have accessible plumbing. You would also need to consider the relative pump HP and flow rates, the pool pump might not work for the spa, or might even damage the spa or the pump.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.