Hose for acid pump

dumbcluck

LifeTime Supporter
Aug 3, 2013
long beach, CA
Hey guys I'm running an intelliph acid feed system and am now having some issues after 3 years. First I've had to replace the pump motor and now I think it's time to replace hose/ tubing as I seem to have same problem with it not feeding. I will replace motor again but think I'll have longer in between replacements if I install a new and better tubing.
Does anyone know where I can get a quality replacement tube/hose that is uv rated and good for muriatic acid?
Replacement lines from pentair are of course ridiculous in price at over a buck a foot and not of the best quality.
Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated. Getting tired of adding manually when I spent for automation. Works great when it does work though!

It works great when it's working saves a lot of handling of acid. You will however still need to test regularly and handle the acid in larger doses but less frequently.
Make sure it's in an easily accessible location. You will want to keep it from being too close to other equipment in case of spillage and make sure you have a water source nearby to dilute spills if necessary.
The biggest downside is that the pump will eventually fail and need to be replaced from time to time. It's an easy fix but at around $50 each time it isn't cheap.
It's hard to tell when it fails because it still sounds like it's running but you will notice acid level not dropping in tank.
You also need to make sure the tubing is in good condition as it can rot from the sun and/ or get clogged.
Like everything else it's handy but not perfect.

Does anyone know where I can get a quality replacement tube/hose that is uv rated and good for muriatic acid?

I'm not familiar with the tubing size requirements of the Intelliph system but I have used 1/4" black polyethylene drip irrigation tubing in projects with hydrochloric (muratic) acid. The black tubing is thick-walled and very UV-resistant. Polyethylene is rated very resistant to muratic acid concentrations.
73d7a42897d5175e0bb4c1698ff06eaf.jpg

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.