Hoping for inground/2020 Costs anyone?

Jun 6, 2019
Harrisburg, PA
I am a previous above ground pool owner. Moved into new house 5 years ago and my husband and I miss our pool terribly. We are hoping to get an inground pool installed next year. I know this is a very generic question and many things add to the cost, but can anyone provide me with what the going rate is say for a 16x32 pool with a salt water system and diving board? Vinyl most likely...I think fiberglass will be over the top for us, but who knows?! I live in southcentral PA. We surely are going to shop around. Just thought I'd ask here first.

Pool build costs vary from region to region. In my area a basic rectangle in ground vinyl 16x32
starts around 20k and goes up from there. Someone in another part of the country was quoted 40k
for a similar pool. The best advice is to get a variety of bids from reputable builders.

Reactions: Hopefulswimmer
I am in Northwest Florida. We are currently getting quotes and for us, around the same size with salt system ($1800), variable speed pump ($775), cartridge filter ($775), 2 LED color changing lights ($500 each), automatic pressure-vac (lots of leaves) ($1275), brick coping ($2185) - not standard aluminum coping, 650 sq ft concrete ($3900), is around $36k.

The items in parenthesis are added or upgrades to the base price. Base price is coming in around $23k-$25k with standard coping, sand filter, standard pump, manual vacuum, Rainbow automatic chlorinator, 27 mil liner.

Pricing is confusing because we have 2 quotes on vinyl now, and both are about the same overall cost but the manner in which they got there is different... :unsure:

We are also quoting gunite (freeform concrete with diamondbrite or pebble-tec coating) with the same/similar add-ons/features but adding a sundeck inside the pool, is coming in around $47k. Generally about $10k higher.

I’m in central Indiana, we put a 16x32 IG vinyl pool in with a SWG, 2 speed pump, sand filter, 2 LED lights, 3.5 foot to 7 foot depth, automatic cover and simple concrete decking. Our pool cost $55k. The auto cover alone was 10k.

• Wow
I’m in south Jersey and I am in the process
I spoke with 1 pool builder and got quoted $55K for a basic 16x32 in ground vinyl pool. So disappointing. I don't know if I can justify spending that much money!:(
I’m looking as well, and a 16 x32 with walk in steps heater, variable speed motor, salt water and two led lights plus cover was 39500. I live in south Jersey which is an expensive state so I feel a little better.