Homemade PVC Solar Cover Hanger's

I was all proud of myself for starting this project based on what I saw here. I was mocking it up, making adjustments, when the male counterpart noticed what I was doing and decided to "help". He glued everything together, and no changes can be made unless I cut it apart. I needed to make it one section larger. But other than that, it worked wonderfully! I even figured out the angles myself, and only had to go back once for more connectors. Thanks again for the idea!

I was all proud of myself for starting this project based on what I saw here. I was mocking it up, making adjustments, when the male counterpart noticed what I was doing and decided to "help". He glued everything together, and no changes can be made unless I cut it apart. I needed to make it one section larger. But other than that, it worked wonderfully! I even figured out the angles myself, and only had to go back once for more connectors. Thanks again for the idea!

Hi PAGirl,

Do you have a picture of this on your ultra-frame? Thanks.

I think this is awesome. My even cheaper option was to cut my cover into three strips, fold/roll as I take it off the pool and toss the pieces on a table. Works great till they fall on the ground, which happens almost every time. I am working on a resolution. I am just happy that I'm not getting soaked anymore.

I ended up using mine to hold the net, hose for the vacuum, etc. I didn't make it quite big enough for the cover. Took down the 18' pool, putting up a 26' one, with, hopefully, a deck. But I kept the homemade holder, and plan to use it. Will take a picture when it's up. (Soon, if this rain ever quits!) If my deck isn't big enough to hold the cover, I may make a new, larger holder. We haven't really thought too much about the deck yet, moving the pool area, trying to make sure we do this right the first time!

Here is the one I made two years ago.....

I need to make another one, and make the bottom stick out further, it wasn't quite big enough for the 18' solar cover, and my new pool is 26'. It fit nicely from one pool to the other. Last year I used it as a holder for my cleaning poles, etc. makes it easy to get them. Here is a close up of how I hook it onto the pool. You could probably put some type of cap, but I kept mine simple.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Here is how I made mine. I made this almost 2 years ago. I leave it out all winter. I didn't want to hang anything over the side of the pool. I didn't want the weight on the wall, and I wanted to be able to put my winter cover on without removing the rack.

I drilled 1" diameter holes into the bottom of the top caps. The PVC slides up into the holes and the bottom rests on the ground.

IMG_20150804_143517922_HDR_zpseay44ntv.jpg

IMG_20150804_143609334_zpsm1gr9mtd.jpg

I don't know how well these will work, I'm debating on ordering them or not. Same concept, but I'm totally not a do-it-yourself'er, and it's like pulling teeth to get hubby to do anything around the house :-( Anyone ever bought these? Removable Swimming Pool Solar Cover Blanket Saddles Save Chlorine and Water | eBay

I'm going to message them and see if they will work for Intex pools as long as they are on the frame part....

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.