Homemade PVC Solar Cover Hanger's

PAGirl

TFP Guide
Jun 5, 2012
Central PA
I was all proud of myself for starting this project based on what I saw here. I was mocking it up, making adjustments, when the male counterpart noticed what I was doing and decided to "help". He glued everything together, and no changes can be made unless I cut it apart. I needed to make it one section larger. But other than that, it worked wonderfully! I even figured out the angles myself, and only had to go back once for more connectors. Thanks again for the idea!

Pv2

LifeTime Supporter
Aug 14, 2013
south east Arizona
I was all proud of myself for starting this project based on what I saw here. I was mocking it up, making adjustments, when the male counterpart noticed what I was doing and decided to "help". He glued everything together, and no changes can be made unless I cut it apart. I needed to make it one section larger. But other than that, it worked wonderfully! I even figured out the angles myself, and only had to go back once for more connectors. Thanks again for the idea!
Hi PAGirl,

Do you have a picture of this on your ultra-frame? Thanks.

f3justusc

Aug 15, 2012
Orlando, FL
I think this is awesome. My even cheaper option was to cut my cover into three strips, fold/roll as I take it off the pool and toss the pieces on a table. Works great till they fall on the ground, which happens almost every time. I am working on a resolution. I am just happy that I'm not getting soaked anymore.

Willi

Mar 24, 2014
Florence, KY
Great DYI !! Wish I would have though of something like this back when I had my AG.

Have a friend who has one now, he pushes the cover to the outside of the pool and wraps bungees around the cover and hooks to the cap.

gqjeff

LifeTime Supporter
Jul 19, 2010
IL
we never use our cover because its a PITA. This looks like a great idea and could save me money without having to use gas to heat so much lol.

Thanks

PAGirl

TFP Guide
Jun 5, 2012
Central PA
I ended up using mine to hold the net, hose for the vacuum, etc. I didn't make it quite big enough for the cover. Took down the 18' pool, putting up a 26' one, with, hopefully, a deck. But I kept the homemade holder, and plan to use it. Will take a picture when it's up. (Soon, if this rain ever quits!) If my deck isn't big enough to hold the cover, I may make a new, larger holder. We haven't really thought too much about the deck yet, moving the pool area, trying to make sure we do this right the first time!

fishwater

Jun 19, 2015
Rochester/NH
I'd love to see someone who has this on an Intex ultra frame. I bought the materials to make one but decided to use 3/4" PVC vs 1", now I'm wondering if it will be strong enough to hold a wet cover, I may need to return everything if not.

PAGirl

TFP Guide
Jun 5, 2012
Central PA
Here is the one I made two years ago.....

I need to make another one, and make the bottom stick out further, it wasn't quite big enough for the 18' solar cover, and my new pool is 26'. It fit nicely from one pool to the other. Last year I used it as a holder for my cleaning poles, etc. makes it easy to get them. Here is a close up of how I hook it onto the pool. You could probably put some type of cap, but I kept mine simple.

ShawnG

Aug 4, 2015
Merrick, NY
I am a newbie to this forum and to owning an above ground pool. I very much would like to try making this. I have a 12X24 oval pool. Can you please post some pics and instructions. That would be great!

phonedave

May 30, 2012
Montville NJ
Here is how I made mine. I made this almost 2 years ago. I leave it out all winter. I didn't want to hang anything over the side of the pool. I didn't want the weight on the wall, and I wanted to be able to put my winter cover on without removing the rack.

I drilled 1" diameter holes into the bottom of the top caps. The PVC slides up into the holes and the bottom rests on the ground.

PAGirl

TFP Guide
Jun 5, 2012
Central PA
I am a newbie to this forum and to owning an above ground pool. I very much would like to try making this. I have a 12X24 oval pool. Can you please post some pics and instructions. That would be great!
I am going to be making a larger one soon, I will document what I use and the steps taken when I do.

tamaralemus

Silver Supporter
Jul 8, 2015
Port Neches, TX
I don't know how well these will work, I'm debating on ordering them or not. Same concept, but I'm totally not a do-it-yourself'er, and it's like pulling teeth to get hubby to do anything around the house :-( Anyone ever bought these? Removable Swimming Pool Solar Cover Blanket Saddles Save Chlorine and Water | eBay

I'm going to message them and see if they will work for Intex pools as long as they are on the frame part....

pabeader

LifeTime Supporter
TFP Guide
May 14, 2015
Cartersville Ga
No DIY needed. Take picture to Home Depot or Lowes. Plumbing guy/gal will be glad to help you. Once you do a small project like this, you will never be the same. :)

kplaster

Bronze Supporter
Jan 24, 2010
Randleman,NC
I still have the ones I made.I haven't pulled them out this year. Not sure if the pictures are still showing up of the ones I built.

Sent from my XT1030 using Tapatalk