Hole in cleaner tail - normal?

Blue Horse

LifeTime Supporter
Nov 5, 2015
Fremont, California 94539
My pool cleaner is Pentair Kreepy Krauly Plantinum LL505PMG.

I noticed today water is shooting out from both end of tail (as expected) and mud section of the tail. There is a hole of 1/8” diameter at mid section (refer to the red circle in attached photo).

Is this normal? Time to replace this hole tail?

The cleaner is consistently turning to the right. And the tail no longer wiggles left snd right)

Thanks!

Attachments

• IMG_2532.jpeg
    IMG_2532.jpeg
    470.2 KB · Views: 13
You can buy just sections of hose I believe. It’s always good to have a spare on hand too.
If the tail isn’t going left & right it’s not sweeping properly.

Yeah that's a leak. I notice you don't have the sponge tip, which is supposed to brush the bottom and also limit the amount of overspray. I got tired of replacing them, too. Tried this and so far after two months, it's a winner. I have the Polaris 380, but I think it would fit yours, too.

Replace the tail hose…

The hose wore a hole in it from rubbing against the pool because the round weights were worn down and the scrubber was missing. Those things should keep the tail hose from rubbing on the pool.

My pool cleaner is Pentair Kreepy Krauly Plantinum LL505PMG.

I noticed today water is shooting out from both end of tail (as expected) and mud section of the tail. There is a hole of 1/8” diameter at mid section (refer to the red circle in attached photo).

Is this normal? Time to replace this hole tail?

The cleaner is consistently turning to the right. And the tail no longer wiggles left snd right)

Thanks!
Its normal when the wear rings (those larger split rings) are worn, missing, not rotated as is the case with that hose. You can see the issue with the way the tip is wearing out.
They are designed to prevent that from happening, though you will not likely ever see that in print. Even if it was in print, most, including most pool techs, never rotate them (one at the tip moved to the top and each of the others down one unit) as regularly as they should, about twice a year.
The Swasher that was recommended is a very good, longer-lasting, sweep tail that will work with your Letro/Pentair cleaner. The hose you have now needs to be retired.

Reactions: Mdragger88
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.