Higher range cl test swcg/cya

czb182

Oct 20, 2020
North Virgina
I have a swcg, so if I get my cya to 80, should target 6 ppm chlorine. Tf100 only goes to 5. Is there another container people buy that has scale for more range, maybe to 8 or 10? Or do people just do the drop test every time ?

I have a swcg, so if I get my cya to 80, should target 6 ppm chlorine. Tf100 only goes to 5. Is there another container people buy that has scale for more range, maybe to 8 or 10? Or do people just do the drop test every time ?
The tf100 kit also contains the fas dpd test for chlorine. It uses the r0870 powder and r0871 bottled reagent.

Thanks , I’ll switch to drop test. Seems like it would be useful if another scale could be made, maybe option that goes to 10. When in SLAM’d pool color went to orange on test, so seems like should be feasible adding some shades.

The OTO test is a reliable way to get an idea that there is chlorine in the water and a very very general idea how much there is, but it is not useful for getting a precise number with which to base any care on. While it can be useful to have, its inclusion in the TF-100 is because the pH test in the k-1000 is reliable and cost effective. It isn't intended to be a replacement for the FAS-DPD test.

Reactions: czb182
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.