Los Angeles, CA
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Jandy Aquapure 1400
Ok...I've been told because I have an SWG that the biggest challenge will be to keep my TA and PH low. I've been constantly running at 140 TA for last two months. Today the read on TA was 165. WTH?
Here are my numbers:
FC- 8 [normally around 5 but I reduced pump run time in half (3 hrs instead of 6) and didn't change aquapure percentage]
PH - 8.2+
TA - 165
CYA - 70
Salt - 2800
CH - 375
Temp - 69
I'm adding on average about 56oz of Muriatic Acid every week.
Today I added 30lbs of Salt per Pool Math recommendation and also Lowered my aqua pure to 15% from 25%.
Is there something else I should be doing.
Thanks,
Mike

Lowering your TA can be a lengthy process. One way to speed that up is to do the following, likely over the course of several days:

1. Lower your PH to the low 7's with MA
2. Aerate the water to raise the PH (bubblers, water features, spillovers, etc.)
3. Once your PH is back up to high 7's, repeat the process until you reach your desired TA

Good luck

You will be adding MA Until the TA gets down to about 70 or 80ish, maybe lower. Once you find the sweet spot PH will generally not rise as fast.

Depending on swim load, aeration, fill water TA.

Lowering your TA can be a lengthy process. One way to speed that up is to do the following, likely over the course of several days:

1. Lower your PH to the low 7's with MA
2. Aerate the water to raise the PH (bubblers, water features, spillovers, etc.)
3. Once your PH is back up to high 7's, repeat the process until you reach your desired TA

Good luck
Ok...I Just did new results from my earlier addition of MA and TA is 110. Added more MA per PoolMath. I have never aerated the water and TA automatically rises. I have been assuming (perhaps incorrectly) that the infloor cleaning system, which bubbles the top of the water in several areas, has been doing that.
Thanks JJ!!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.