Fletcher, OH
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-40
Hi everyone. Getting ready to leave for a couple of weeks and I've finally got this pool where I want it - with the exception of TA. It's pretty much never been under 100 since shortly after it was filled 2.5 years back. It finally hit me that I should test the fill water TA after looking at other posts. It's 270, which would explain why I have such a hard time keeping it in range. I know a higher TA requires for acid to reduce pH when needed. Is there any harm to the equipment or to us with the TA being in the 130 range? Any guidance on what to do? My pH is usually super stable at 7.8, so acid use is not really a factor. I'd love to have your thoughts.

Thanks!

Wes

Is there any harm to the equipment or to us with the TA being in the 130 range? Any guidance on what to do? My pH is usually super stable at 7.8, so acid use is not really a factor. I'd love to have your thoughts.
If your pH is stable, and you have no calcium scaling issues, all is good.

If your pH is stable, and you have no calcium scaling issues, all is good.
Thanks, Marty. I just pulled the cell to check that, and there was just a smidge of scaling, but barely any at all. I've not noticed it anywhere else, so I'll carry on. Thanks!

Reactions: mknauss
The SWCG is where you would find scale with a higher TA. So monitor that. Borates would clean it up.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.