High pressure booster pump line for old polaris cleaner/ what can i turn the line into?

jaahos

May 24, 2024
north carolina
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
SWG Type
Hayward Aqua Rite (T-9)
Hi, I was looking for some advice on my high pressure pool booster pump polaris cleaner line.
Just wondering what to do with the dedicated line never have used it and the booster pump is bad.
What all options do i have? also just wondering what other pool owners have done with the return line thats dedicated to just a pool cleaner?

Thanks,

Attachments

• IMG_2945.jpeg
    IMG_2945.jpeg
    600.4 KB · Views: 16
Welcome to TFP.
You can make it an additional return to the pool.
Just remove the 2 connections at the pump and connect them together.

The suction side of the booster pump is coming from a return line to the pool. And the output of the booster pump is a dedicated line to the pool. So just make it an additional pool return.

Reactions: jaahos
That's what I did - make it an additional return. What I liked about it is that the water exited the return 90 degrees to the wall in the center of the pool. In combination with the deep end return, there was a circular motion in that end of the pool. I enjoyed laying in my float and going slowing in circles around the pool. It also help push floating debris towards the deep end skimmer.

Reactions: jaahos
Welcome to TFP.

The suction side of the booster pump is coming from a return line to the pool. And the output of the booster pump is a dedicated line to the pool. So just make it an additional pool return.

Welcome to TFP.

Thanks, I have 4 returns already 2 at the steps and 2 on the sides I guess having 5 want hurt anything?

Thanks, I have 4 returns already 2 at the steps and 2 on the sides I guess having 5 want hurt anything?
The pump is putting out x amount of flow in GPM. So it will be divided across 5 returns vs 4 returns. If you want more flow from the existing returns. Then you can plug the vacuum line.
You may want to try and see how it works. You can always plug it. However, plugging it creates a space for algae to grow unless you can force air through it and plug the pool side of the vacuum connection.
There is no right or wrong - just need to be aware.