High phosphates and cyanuric acid

Need a full set of test results and description of your pool and equipment (see my sig as an example). Generally, nothing you add will fix too much cyanuric acid. Not sure phosphates really matter if you maintain everything else. Orenda PR1000 will help with phosphates. Draining some water will help with cya.

Reactions: Toobenaked
Hey 2B and Welcome !!! Pics or it didn’t happen. :ROFLMAO:

Dang. bowser beat me. So. Yeah. Draining will lower your CYA by an even %. Half reduces the CYA by half and so on.

Phosphates are inconsequential for most people. Properly chlorinating your water doesn’t allow algae to grow, making ‘algae food’ a moot point.

Start your journey here. ABCs of Pool Water Chemistry. Ask away at any time and we’ll be happy to fill in any blanks.

Too be,

Neither high CYA or phosphates are dangerous to swim in..

What is dangerous (to your wallet) is having your water tested by a pool store... :mrgreen:

Nothing will reduce CYA except draining some or all of the pool water.

Phosphates can be removed with chemicals like PR1000, but when you drain to get rid of the CYA, you will also get rid the phosphates.

I suggest that you take a long read through our Pool School and see what we think about CYA (Stablizer) and phosphates.

Thanks,

Jim R.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.