pH 8.2
TA 60
FC 2
CYA 40
CH 330
Water temp 82 degrees
Significant aeration due to spa waterfall
I only use liquid chlorine

I continue to add muriatic acid to bring the pH down but after a day at pH of 7.6-7.8 it climbs up to 8.0-8.2 despite a TA at the lowest limit of normal per your site. I have even turned my water features off for 6 hours each day to no avail. What is my next step to bring pH into normal range?

I test with a TF-100 test kit. My pool is on an automated OmniLogic system the pump and spa waterfall run 18 hours a day. I should also mention the pool is equipped with an ozonator that runs continuously.

Great.
The best thing you can do is disable the ozonator, as that is adding aeration which raises pH, and also program the spillover to run a couple times a day (morning and evening) for 20-30 minutes to chlorinate the spa. Then run it when you are there to enjoy it.

Those two items should dramatically reduce your aeration.

For now, I would add about 30 ppm TA worth of baking soda. Then lower pH to 7.6. Never reduce pH lower than 7.6.

I think I should clarify. My pool pump when running draws from the pool but returns to the spa which then overflows via 3 small waterfalls to return water to pool. So if my pool pump is running the spa overflows are aerating.

Correct. In your Omnilogic automation, schedule the Spillover (or Spillway) for 20-30 minutes twice a day. The rest of the time, the water will not go to the spa, just the pool.

Do you have a makeup line to run the spa when in Pool mode? If so, that will line will need to be shut off for the above to work.

This pool plumbing may be over my head. On OmniLogic my spa spillway is a separate function which is always off except during freeze protect mode. Despite this fact if the pool pump is on water comes over the 3 spa spillways. The only way to keep water from coming over the spillways is to turn my pool pump completely off. I am definitely not a pool plumbing professional

Take some pictures of your equipment pad. Return side especially. Look for a line that goes from the pool side of the return to the spa side. Will have a check valve on it, and hopefully a valve.

The programming is easy.

This is how you will get your pH under control. Or, you will be adding baking soda and acid. We call it the pH/TA hamster wheel.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.