High Cyanuric Acid and phosphates

That is high rpm. Mine runs at 1500 rpm. Your infloor cleaners drive that. Do you need the infloors to run all day every day? Or could run them for a few hours each day and have another schedule that takes your rpm lower for the balance? Pump run time for you is primarily to run the in floor and skimming. As you will be adding liquid chlorine every day, you only need the pump to run for an hour or so to mix the chemicals.

I'll have to test, not sure how to tell what is enough. Should I consider maybe 3 hours at 2450rpm and then 3hours at 1500rpm?

How do you tell what is enough besides checking if there is any leaf...etc left in the pool?

Also how many cycles does it take for a full rotation of the infloor heads? Is it 12. My deep end infloor zone runs twice each cycle while all the other zones only run once per cycle. I could time the cycle and see how many cycles and rotation of the heads I will get in 3 hours.

Do the cycle go faster at higher rpm? I am assuming not.
Thank you again for all your help.

I have no info on infloor cleaners. They just look horribly inefficient to me. I have a robot. Leaves the pool spotless. Has its own pump and filter so do not have to run the pump to use it.

Unfortunately I paid extra for the infloor and was told is more efficient. However I also asked them to add a line for the vac coming from the pump, so I could turn off the infloor and direct the flow to the vac line in the future.

Not sure if someone else with an infloor can help me with my pumo shedule :(

So I stopped the small pump and the hose, per my calculation I put in 15,500 gal of fresh water. I poured in 3/4gal of liquid chlorine at 10%, and will run the pool pump for 2 hours. I brushed the pool during the first hour.

I have to say the pool is at least 3 times greener, most likely because I did not run the pool pump and filter for 3 days. I barely can see the bottom of the pool. Definitely algae. I removed the floater for the chlorine tabs.

Can someone advise on pool pump schedule and speed for an infloor system? Temp is 109F.
Also can someone explain how I can use the calculator to get 3/4 gal for the liquid chlorine for my pool? This is only for my personal understanding.

Let me know if I need to do anything else. I am still waiting on the test kit.
I am assuming, 3/4gal of liquid chlorine every day, and brushing everyday until I get the test kit.

Attachments

• 15911489349969208971489910623937.jpg
    15911489349969208971489910623937.jpg
    242.4 KB · Views: 8
Can someone advise on pool pump schedule and speed for an infloor system? Temp is 109F.
I currently run at 2600 rpm for 11 hours everyday.

I also discovered that I have 3 returns in the pool. I am currenty running the pump at 2600 rpm with 50% of the flow on the returns and the other 50% on the infloor. Should I change it?
Thanks

I have no guidance for you on the infloor. Sorry.

The 3/4 gallon per day of 10% chlorine is equal to 5ppm FC. Use Effects of Adding Chemicals in Poolmath. Touch hamburger menu on the upper left and select. Then input your pool volume, if necessary, select bleach and 10%. Then put in 96 oz. Should result in 5 ppm.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I currently run at 2600 rpm for 11 hours everyday.

I also discovered that I have 3 returns in the pool. I am currenty running the pump at 2600 rpm with 50% of the flow on the returns and the other 50% on the infloor. Should I change it?
Thanks

My opinion and experience:

I have a Paramount in floor. You need to run the pump at high speed for an hour or two every day for it to do its job. (Note: In Arizona, they work pretty well, and it's one of the Agree to Disagree things for me here-- I do have to vacuum out "rock dust" about once a week because it's too heavy to gown down the main drain... this is actually desirable for the filter's sake. Someplace with a lot of foliage and organic matter I think would be another story entirely.) Beyond that -- on low speed they still do some good. Before I added the SWCG I ran the pump for a few hours at 900 RPM every day in addition mainly for the skimmer. Now I run at 1500 RPM for 12 hrs, 3000 for 2 hours in the morning. I am going to drop it back two hours this weekend because my SWCG is generating more chlorine than I am losing even at 30%. At 900 RPM the flow switch would occasionally trip. The wattmeter didn't change much, maybe 10%.

But really, run it at 3000-3200 RPM for 2-4 hours a day (if you are a high load I'd do on the high side) and then the rest is pretty much optional for the floor system. You'll want to run at low for the skimmer though. I run 100% to the floor on mine. There is no real reason to use the returns unless you need them for maintenance reasons. (Aeration, mixing of chemicals, etc.)

My opinion and experience:

I have a Paramount in floor. You need to run the pump at high speed for an hour or two every day for it to do its job. (Note: In Arizona, they work pretty well, and it's one of the Agree to Disagree things for me here-- I do have to vacuum out "rock dust" about once a week because it's too heavy to gown down the main drain... this is actually desirable for the filter's sake. Someplace with a lot of foliage and organic matter I think would be another story entirely.) Beyond that -- on low speed they still do some good. Before I added the SWCG I ran the pump for a few hours at 900 RPM every day in addition mainly for the skimmer. Now I run at 1500 RPM for 12 hrs, 3000 for 2 hours in the morning. I am going to drop it back two hours this weekend because my SWCG is generating more chlorine than I am losing even at 30%. At 900 RPM the flow switch would occasionally trip. The wattmeter didn't change much, maybe 10%.

But really, run it at 3000-3200 RPM for 2-4 hours a day (if you are a high load I'd do on the high side) and then the rest is pretty much optional for the floor system. You'll want to run at low for the skimmer though. I run 100% to the floor on mine. There is no real reason to use the returns unless you need them for maintenance reasons. (Aeration, mixing of chemicals, etc.)

Yes, I used the return for the first time yesterday for the liquid chlorine.
My valves are manual, so in the past I had my pump set 2600rpm for 11 hours with the IN valve 50% main drain and 50% skimmer and the OUT valve 100% on the infloor.
If I follow your suggestion, I could run my pump at 3000rpm for 2 hours (with 50% MD and 50% skimmer) and then 900 rpm for 12 hours. Unfortunately without having to manually change the valves everyday, the 12 hours will also be 50% MD and 50% Skimmer. Would that work?

And then I can purchase a vacuum I will run once a week, for how long? And should I then run it 100%vac line vs [50% MD & 50% Skimmer]?

I guess I don't completely follow you. My skimmer is a venturi one (that can use suction as a backup) but the way my system is plumbed it doesn't matter if I have the outs (it is a venturi) set to the wall returns or the floor system the skimmer is on. It does have its own valve to turn it off. Suction is different as I can only select it or the main drain (maybe both at 50% now that I think of it). I would have to see your plumbing to give you that level of detail.

The main point is that to clean the pool you really need to run the pump on high daily but you should only have to do it for a couple of hours.

I guess I don't completely follow you. My skimmer is a venturi one (that can use suction as a backup) but the way my system is plumbed it doesn't matter if I have the outs (it is a venturi) set to the wall returns or the floor system the skimmer is on. It does have its own valve to turn it off. Suction is different as I can only select it or the main drain (maybe both at 50% now that I think of it). I would have to see your plumbing to give you that level of detail.

The main point is that to clean the pool you really need to run the pump on high daily but you should only have to do it for a couple of hours.
I have 3 possible IN to my pump: Skimmer, MD, Vacuum. I have adjustable manual valves, so I could do 50%Skimmer, 50%MD and 0%Vac or any combination of these 3. Does this help?

Do you know if having an higher rpm increases the cycle speed for the infloor system? I have 5 zones if I am not wrong and the deep end zone runs twice per cycle, so 6 zones per cycle. So let's assuming a cycle takes 10minutes at 2600rpm, will it take more time at 900rpm?
Thanks

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.