Damascus, MD
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Jandy Aquapure 1400
I added the iAqualink skill to my Alexa a few weeks ago and somehow the pool light got turned on. Not sure how I was actually outside last night grilling and noticed the looplock cover was glowing. I never told Alexa to turn it on but she sometimes has a mind of her own. We often find random smart-lights turned on (no, it's not the guard feature that is not activated). Anyway, while looking through the cover I could clearly see a TON of leaves that got blown under the cover. So I think I'll take some time to peel the cover back a bit and remove what I can and add a couple gallons of bleach while I am at it!

I don’t think that discovering the leaves due to an Alexa malfunction is a positive feature.

That’s pretty funny. I bought an Alexa for my pentair easytouch. It’s the only thing we use Alexa for. It does make it nice for when going to test and add chemicals.

That’s all we use it for. I only use any of my smart features in the house via my app I use for everything. It has an Alexa plugin but the voice commands aren’t very complex.

I like, and enabled, the Alexa function to turn lights on and off randomly in the house if I am not there at night. You tell the app what lights it has permission to turn on and off but, for some reason, it ALWAYS turns the pool light on when I'm not home. I turn the breaker off if I won't be home for more than a day or so, or check it on the Lutron app to make sure it is indeed off. If you want to rob me, just look to see if the pool light is on -if it's on, I'm probably not home! ☺

Be careful pulling that cover over to clean leaves!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.