Hi-Sand Filter, when Backwashing no water flowing out?

halcyon

Apr 10, 2019
florida
I am new here--my husband left me a few months ago and I have been trying to learn about pool stuff but am having problems. I havent backwashed my pool in a while--he was always in charge of that--and now when i try, no water at all flows out--like where you're supposed to have dirty water come out, there's nothing. I hear some 'hissing' but nothing. The reason I googled to backwash was because the pool vacuum was no longer sucking. The little glass jar thingie was full of green algae so I knew something needed to be done.

Pool is slightly cloudy now, no green algae or anything.

Can anyone help? Why, when i try to backwash, does no water come out?

THank you for helping me.

Welcome to the forum!
Can you take and post a picture of your filter (especially the multi valve) and of the entire pad? Knowing what type of equipment and set up you have helps us help you. Eventually we can help you fill out a signature so when you ask a question the members know what you have for pool type, volume, equipment, etc.
I suggest you read ABC's of Pool Water Chemistry and consider reviewing the entire Pool School eBook.

Might want to pour a little 6% plain bleach in the pool and brush it a bit to prevent it from getting worse.

On to the problem make sure the multiport valve is set to backwash. You might try other settings to make sure it all works like it should. Try to see if recirculate works so you can have some water flow in the pool to get the clorine around

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.