Hi, my name is Gilles. I fluently speak and write in both official languages. You can tell I am from Canada. Salutations à tous !

Sir Gilles 2363

Sep 22, 2020
Canada
Hello,
I got a 15' foot above ground pool. Most of the equipment is Hayward brand. My experience with pool installers here in Ottawa, Ontario, Canada was not the best. I had to re-do my pool twice in less than 6 years. The outer metal rusted and a hole in the lining occured.

Knowing what I know now, I could have patched the metal outer wall with a piece if aluminium siding. However I went with full re-installation; lining and metal wall.
Last year my water pump started leaking water and after watching a video on replacing the ceramic bushings, I managed to repair my pump for $20.00.

This year I was faced with a XStream water filter canister that wouldn't close tightly. It survived the whole summer without any leaks. Today I found out if you remove the inside rubber washer the canister will close and the latches will click as it was when brand new. I ordered from Amazon a set of gaskets for $20.00 and will install one of the them next year. I was surprised that nobody could provide an answer about the stuck ring that seals the filter housing. Anyhow, I provided my answer and there it is...another fix.

My last challenge now is to resolve the noise that my chlorination computer is doing when power up. Will keep all posted.
Having a pool requires some skills and know how.

Welcome Gilles !! Check out ABCs of Pool Water Chemistry and all the related pool school articles. There are boatloads of things to brush up on. If you have specific questions there are several sub forums to help you get better answers. Post away there with any questions and pitch in and give you a hand.