Hi from Atlanta

lowlandr

Aug 22, 2020
North Central Georgia
We have just retired and decided to put in a heated, gunite or ? in ground pool. hopefully without blowing our budget sky high.
I have 2 reputable pool companies coming out next week to look at my options.
We have some sloping in the yard so some land/retaining wall will be needed but hopefully nothing too expensive.
I know there are a million variables so I guess I'll ask questions as I learn them.
Hoping to get a nice heated pool for just the two of us, maybe another couple of friends on occasion but not as some social attraction.
Also hoping to keep it in the 70ish range if possible?
I know it's very little info but are we way off base with cost expectations?

We have just retired and decided to put in a heated, gunite or ? in ground pool. hopefully without blowing our budget sky high.
I have 2 reputable pool companies coming out next week to look at my options.
We have some sloping in the yard so some land/retaining wall will be needed but hopefully nothing too expensive.
I know there are a million variables so I guess I'll ask questions as I learn them.
Hoping to get a nice heated pool for just the two of us, maybe another couple of friends on occasion but not as some social attraction.
Also hoping to keep it in the 70ish range if possible?
I know it's very little info but are we way off base with cost expectations?
I am more North Atlanta and my pool stays in the low to mid 80's most of the summer. Issue heating a pool full time in our are is it cools off at night so it wont maintain a high temp.
The good news is our gas prices aren't bad, I have ran my heater for 36 hours and I think my gas bill went up $20 so works great if you know your having guest coming.

The AZ folks have water temps well above 100 with no heater :)