Hi all. Housesitter here. Interlock problem.

madchen

May 3, 2022
philadelphia
The pool opened (became ready to use) the day the owners left, so I don't think they could answer this question. I'm trying to clean the pool. I went to features > pool cleaner > pool and then got the interlocked screen (ss2). On/off is not actionable. Figured out how to go past this screen to schedule the cleaner (ss1), but the on/off button doesn't seem to work here either.

There was no skimmer net when I got here (it has arrived since), and trees etc are flowering (ss3) so lots of debris that sank. Anyway, the pool is going to be a hot mess when the owners get home and I'd like to fix that. Any suggestions? Please and thank you!

(I do not know much about the pool specs, sorry. It's a Hayward interface.)

Attachments

• cleaner schedule ss.png
    cleaner schedule ss.png
    980.5 KB · Views: 4
  • interlocked ss.png
    interlocked ss.png
    305.6 KB · Views: 4
  • pool debris.png
    pool debris.png
    2.5 MB · Views: 8
Last edited:
Welcome to TFP.

Looks like a nice pool. How long will the owners be away for?

Did they leave you with any instructions about pool care?

The cleaner not running is not a big deal. I don't know how much you should fool with the pool equipment.

Have you discussed the problem with the owners and got their direction?

Reactions: Mdragger88
Post a wider picture of what box is showing that message.

Please keep all your problems in one thread.

Welcome to TFP.

Looks like a nice pool. How long will the owners be away for?

Did they leave you with any instructions about pool care?

The cleaner not running is not a big deal. I don't know how much you should fool with the pool equipment.

Have you discussed the problem with the owners and got their direction?
Thanks for the response! The owners will be back in 2 weeks. I did not ask them because the pool opened the day they left; I don't think they know much more than I do about the interface and actions. No instructions. I figured out how to heat the spa (and turn the heater off). Pool temp is set. I'd really like the pool to have less debris in it (it's spring here, so lots of stuff in the air) when they get home. It was clean when I got here. :) Since I didn't know where the skimmer net was, a lot of stuff sank.

Post a wider picture of what box is showing that message.

Please keep all your problems in one thread.
Thanks for your response. I thought the lo indicator problem was different than the cleaner/interlocked problem, which is why I posted them separately. I'm new to forums and this one in particular (I'll only be here for 2 weeks, I promise).

Attachments

• lo indic warning.png
    lo indic warning.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 7
  • pipes from box.png
    pipes from box.png
    2.1 MB · Views: 6
  • lo ind box.png
    lo ind box.png
    2.1 MB · Views: 8
  • physical plant.png
    physical plant.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 9
Hi all. Housesitter here. Do I need to react to this LO indicator? Owners will be away for another 2 weeks (but pool opened the day they left which is why I'm not asking them). Sorry for vagueness of picture. View attachment 406569

So for the cleaner problem you need to post pics of the equipment pad so all the pumps and valves and directions of the pipes can clearly be seen.

There should be a booster pump that turns on when you press the ON button on the Hayward panel.

I don't know why you needed to bypass things on the panel to get o the controls.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
So for the cleaner problem you need to post pics of the equipment pad so all the pumps and valves and directions of the pipes can clearly be seen.

There should be a booster pump that turns on when you press the ON button on the Hayward panel.

I don't know why you needed to bypass things on the panel to get o the controls.
Thanks. Do you mean what I called the physical plant when you say equipment pad? And the viewpoint you want is if I held the camera above me pointing down? Like birds eye view?

Thanks. Do you mean what I called the physical plant when you say equipment pad? And the viewpoint you want is if I held the camera above me pointing down? Like birds eye view?
It is quite dark now (d'oh! wasn't paying attention to that). I will take the photos in the morning. Thank you for your time (and moving me all into the right place).

If the owners had a pool service open the pool they may call them to rectify your issues & get things going again. This seems like a little more than sitting lol 😂
I would hate for you to accidentally complicate matters. Rest easy, if your job was to watch & report you have fulfilled your duties! The cleaner is likely on some sort of automated schedule. I would clean the skimmer baskets & wait for reinforcements to arrive.

If the owners had a pool service open the pool they may call them to rectify your issues & get things going again. This seems like a little more than sitting lol 😂
I would hate for you to accidentally complicate matters. Rest easy, if your job was to watch & report you have fulfilled your duties! The cleaner is likely on some sort of automated schedule. I would clean the skimmer baskets & wait for reinforcements to arrive.
LOL, you'd be surprised what pops up when owners are on the other side of the globe. I've had a cat come down with pancreatitis, a tank full of seahorses showing signs of distress because the tank chemistry was off (a creature had died after the owners left and that threw levels off or something like that), a roof leak because of debris in the gutters (that owner was in Afghanistan). Fun times!

The owner asks me to clean out the baskets. She's going to tell me where they are and I'll do it in the morning. The cleaner isn't on a schedule except for the times I entered (which it did not respond to).

I didn't want to bother them on the big Hawaii vacation unless I really had to. I really appreciate all the help everyone here has given me.

For insurance/back up plan purposes look around the equipment area for a label, sticker or magnet on the fridge from a pool service. You may get lucky.
Perhaps inside one of these boxes on the door
👇
F6CA32B4-8F19-4FF8-B74A-1AF2F37C2E26.jpeg
The liability of tinkering with this on your own totally makes me nervous 😬

For insurance/back up plan purposes look around the equipment area for a label, sticker or magnet on the fridge from a pool service. You may get lucky.
Perhaps inside one of these boxes on the door
👇
View attachment 406607
The liability of tinkering with this on your own totally makes me nervous 😬
Wow, really? Do you mean me trying to get the cleaner to work (through the interface panel touchscreen) or me trying to clean skimmer baskets? I knew it was something way different than what I knew, but I didn't think it was dangerous. I'll keep that in mind. The owner just told me that the pool is monitored and if an alarm goes off the pool service will come to fix it. Yay.

Reactions: Mdragger88
The cleaner won't work if the system is in Spa mode or for the first 2 minutes after the pool mode begins or if the flow is too low and the No Flow indicator is on.

The heater seems to indicate a low flow problem which might be clogged baskets or maybe a dirty filter or maybe low pump RPM.

The cleaner won't work if the system is in Spa mode or for the first 2 minutes after the pool mode begins or if the flow is too low and the No Flow indicator is on.

The heater seems to indicate a low flow problem which might be clogged baskets or maybe a dirty filter or maybe low pump RPM.
Ah, thank you. So the LO indicator and the cleaner not working are connected. I thought I had 2 separate issues. Good to know. Thanks for the tip!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.