Hey @leebo

We've got very high iron in our fill water so each year we'll need to call Water Transport to truck water in if we have to top off from the winter. At $250'ish for 2,600 gallons or so, that gets' costly. Instead we'll normally pump every bit of melted snow/ice from the cover into the pool plus harvest any April rain to fill our pool. Because of this we almost always close/open to a green pool. Normally we'll open early April and let as many showers fill the pool and start a SLAM in late April or early May depending on the weather. If we had good fill water however I likely would still go ahead and open soon as I HATE working outside in the heat and this weather is amazing to be outdoors in!!! It takes little to no chlorine this time of the year and if this year ends up like last year it'll be warm enough to swim before we know it.

Thanks y'all.
Didn't know it had to be in the thread body Rob. Thanks. I'm not very good at this online stuff.

Leebo, I have very high Ca in my fill water. It measures off the scale so it's a serious balancing act to keep the pH and everything else in check so it doesn't go cloudy. And I know what you mean about Water Transport. We were going to have them fill our pool when I installed it last year but the cost was astronomical.
I think I'll give mine 2 more weeks then uncover it. I have the solar panels on the patio roof, but the angle of the sun isn't ideal yet. It'll still be at least 3 weeks earlier than normal.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.