Helping a friend: This should be a good one

I agree, if you cant drain 100% or near it, then don't drain. all you will do is make it a little better which isn't what you want. you want it crystal clear. do the FLOC again and let the pool site for a day and half and vacuum to waste. I would then start filtering, first with 5 micron, then with 1 micron material.

Maybe I'm missing something, but I'm thinking about playsand that my kids have had in their boxes, and I can't help think that if you dropped a sump pump in the pool and filtered the water through a couple of pillowcases rubber banded to the end of the sump return if that wouldn't catch all of the sand. I can't imagine playsand getting through two layers of pillowcase. Or, even better, use a vaccum, and attach the return hose to the pillow cases. I guess this is like the slimebag idea, but cheaper. Just a thought.

Holy cow! What an epic effort on your part Bruce.

I'm still blown away that water has not cleared up by now.

She's very lucky to have you looking over this in any event.

The slimebag option seems to be the best next step.

"I just got home and can see the bottom. There is a lot of s*** on the bottom but I can see all the way down" Left detailed instructions to vacuum to waste. Will check w her at lunch and update yall later today.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
wHQqEvJ.jpg

That's great news! Did you try the alum or is it still settling from liquid floc? I would leave it go over night tonight and see if settles completely. Vac to waste or into some kind of filter bag tomorrow.

I'm glad you're getting some good results.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.