Run your pump all the time when you are in a SLAM.. and guess what, you have a VS pump. You can run it 24/7 for a mere pittance.

Do you mean the FAS/DPD test?
Yes!! I maybe should have waited until I got that to pour that much chlorine in?? I did 3 gallons but I do have mustard algae. It won’t come off with wire brush. And on the VS pump I could run it 24/7?? How would I do that or set it? Would I change speeds at different times? Set a new schedule? I have no idea how to set anything on there. Maybe I can find the manual. If not probably can online. Please share more!!

Yes!! I maybe should have waited until I got that to pour that much chlorine in?? I did 3 gallons but I do have mustard algae. It won’t come off with wire brush. And on the VS pump I could run it 24/7?? How would I do that or set it? Would I change speeds at different times? Set a new schedule? I have no idea how to set anything on there. Maybe I can find the manual. If not probably can online. Please share more!!
I think this is your pump.. It matches your pics and your sig. The links to the manuals are here
IntelliFlo High Performance Variable Speed Pool Pump

Last edited:
You did not get a Taylor K2006. That is why we recommended you get the TF100. It sounds like you might have purchased a K2005 or a clone.

Adding the FAS-DPD test kit and getting more CYA reagent is needed. Your kit now costs way more than the TF100 would have to start with.

Agreeing with Marty
Ok guys, I checked the chlorine before I went to bed and it was off the color chart. This morning checked again and it was at the highest color on the tester. What should I do next? I need to test everything again?
Can you share a picture of your complete test kit? Thanks! If you got the test kit it in a local store, I don't believe I have seen the proper FAS-DPD chlorine test kit available that way, only via mail order.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
It’s ok I needed it quick and I already ordered the extra CYA from TF kits and the FAS one as well. I just needed to have the other stuff and I wanted it yesterday to get the pool going. Hopefully I can borrow from my neighbor the FAS test today. I will order the TF100 when this one is out.
You did not get a Taylor K2006. That is why we recommended you get the TF100. It sounds like you might have purchased a K2005 or a clone.

Adding the FAS-DPD test kit and getting more CYA reagent is needed. Your kit now costs way more than the TF100 would have to start with.

Reactions: splashpad

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.