Dubvee

Jul 13, 2019
West Virginia
First year I didn’t pay much attention to akalinity and ph just chlorine. My water was crystal clear. After doing some researching I realized the water needs balanced. Having well water my ph was low and akalinity high. I added a whole gallon of muratic acid accidentally. I checked it chlorine level is good, ph is 7.2, my akalinity is 180 still high but hardness is off the charts. I’m not sure which direction to go

Welcome to TFP.

What type of pool do you have? Please put details of your pool in your signature. What test kit are you using?

pH of 7.2 is ok and with a TA of 180 it will rise rapidly. No big problems there.

Please post a complete set of test results ...

FC
CC
pH
TA
CH
CYA
Water temp

I suggest you review ABCs of Pool Water Chemistry

Thanks for the reply. Ok I have a 22’ intex ultra frame. Just a cheap pool lol but here is a photo of test I took just now I actually ran and got some Clorox test strips and use the app. In past 2 hours it’s already changed it says no chlorine or free chlorine which the pool is 13000 gal. There are 3 -3” pucks in it past week it has read good. I was using just a basic strip sold at Lowe’s. I’m not sure if the other are better. But everything is different on it

Attachments

• DA4A101F-2D87-42F2-8423-472615E39DD5.jpeg
    DA4A101F-2D87-42F2-8423-472615E39DD5.jpeg
    107 KB · Views: 5
Thanks for the reply. Ok I have a 22’ intex ultra frame. Just a cheap pool lol but here is a photo of test I took just now I actually ran and got some Clorox test strips and use the app. In past 2 hours it’s already changed it says no chlorine or free chlorine which the pool is 13000 gal. There are 3 -3” pucks in it past week it has read good. I was using just a basic strip sold at Lowe’s. I’m not sure if the other are better. But everything is different on it
I used almost a whole gal of muratic acid. The water temp is 78

I’m very sorry to tell you this, but those test strips are absolutely worthless and we cannot give you good guidance based on their results. I would not recommend making chemistry decisions based on test strips. You need a test kit that can tell you the actual status of your water.

Reactions: Chickinvic
We’d love to help you, but without the good tests, our advice could be completely wrong as your chem levels could be completely different than what the strips say.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.