Help with pump losing power

Jul 24, 2016
Fayetteville
Hello!

Was hoping to get some guidance on my current situation....I moved into the house in '16, have never had a problem with the pool set-up, aside from changing the salt cell once. So about 2 weeks ago I noticed the motor for my pump making a God awful noise. I figured it was near deaths door, so I went ahead and ordered a replacement from InYoPools, which was noted to be compatible. (PART # UST1102 ). Before the replacement even came, I went outside and noticed that the pump and salt water generator had completely lost power. I figured it was the pump finally kicking the bucket. So I replaced the pump tonight, everything went together great, exactly as the video showed. I turned everything back on, and it ran beautifully, for about 10 minutes or so, then the same thing, everything shut off...

I have 2 questions really, I'm probably going to call in the experts to come take a look, but can you guys think of anything else that could cause this?

Second, in the meantime, any suggestions for circulating the water? I have plenty of bleach, so can manually add that. I have a sump pump I could run a few hours a day, is that even worth it?

Pour your daily bleach in and mix it around with your pool brush. Bunch of swirling around with the brush and brushing the pool will mix the chlorine and keep away the algae.

You have a GFCI pump CB? The CB doing a GFCI trip or CB overamp trip?

Post pics of the pump label, pump wiring, and CB.

I can’t tell if you have one 240V 15 amp CB or two 120V CBS from the pic.

OK, I see now that the two 15amp CB's on the left are ganged together as a 240V CB. Usually a 20A CB is used for a pool pump. An electrician would diagnose this problem by putting a clamp on ammeter around the pump electrical line and see what amps it is drawing when the CB trips.

You could have an old CB that is tripping prematurely. But I am concerned about the house CB tripping. How do you know the pump caused the house CB trip?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.