Help with pool lights and Pentair automation

okiediver

Sep 3, 2015
Ft Myers FL
Pool Size
Hello everyone! We recently moved to Florida and spent 28000 revamping the entire pool and deck. Now come the lights----need help.

We chose the pentair automation system. Our spa light is a pentair burned out (we assume--- it doesnt come on) and the pool light is pentair with an incandescent bulb. Its OK but we want LED's.

I had color changing lights for both pool and spa with installation quoted for 2400. Absolutely cannot afford that. Here are my questions:

1. Can I replace the bulbs (they are screw in type) with an LED color changing bulb? I am on a 12V system. Will this work with automation so I can change colors in my app? These are aftermarket bulbs that "replace" Pentair bulbs. If so any recommendations?
2. If this does work, would I be able to turn the lights on and off in the app to change the color instead of a light switch (which we dont have)
3. If this wont work, do I have any alternatives? We would settle for a blue light all the time if that would work. Has to be LED.

Thank you for your input!

Talk to Florida Sunseeker and see what their products can do for you...

Use checkout code TFP7 on the Florida Sunseeker website for 7% off, free USA shipping, and no sales tax, on any items.

FWIW, I updated my old Pentiar Aqulumin halogen light with a color changing LED replacement from Florida Sunseeker. My pool service guy installed it back in March and it is working really well. Not sure on long term durability, but I am very happy with their product. Hope it works out just as well for you, okie.

Thanks Lanzz, I did contact them and I just need to pull the light out and verify Pentair and the voltage. I was excited to learn that their bulbs would work with the automation! This is a great alternative to spending a ton of money!

Reactions: Lanzz
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.